Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal George Park Road

We were in a pub league up there Gerard 9well we played for the Goat but somehow managed to find ourselves in the South league) and either Black George's or the Warwick had a black cloth pool table, think it was the Warwick actually - quize zany it twaz.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    We were in a pub league up there Gerard 9well we played for the Goat but somehow managed to find ourselves in the South league) and either Black George's or the Warwick had a black cloth pool table, think it was the Warwick actually - quize zany it twaz.

I played in the Dingle league Ged and won the doubles..(won 3 different league doubles around Liverpool with different partner's..record still stands as far as I know)
    The Ponnie joined the Dingle league yeaarrrrrrrrrrrs ago and won the league in the 1st season by about 22 points and dropped out the next season..
    Brought a few of the dingle lads up to the Ponnie team..some great players down there...1 of who lately (a good mate of mine) could and should have went all the way.

He done very well actually...great player..one of the best I've seen.

Gerard

Ged,Did a Chinese Lad play for the Goat..Norman...
    He played there 30 years ago..Jaeeeeeeeeees that long!!..
    I went the Roxy Music show 2 years ago I think it was on the Summer Pops and we went the Goat after for a slurp and here's Norman on the pool table..
    Knew me as soon as I walked in..good Lad!!

Ha ha Chinese Norman (who lives in Maghull but as you'l know works in the side street the Goat is in) still drinks in there now and then and is good mates with my bro in law.

We won the league in 93 and the cup in 95 (just like the blues ha ha) then up here in its one and only season with a pool table, we won the league with the Eureka (and one of our players won the individuals and another two won the doubles) - then the manager left and the newcomers got rid of the table, the riff raff and got food going again ha ha. Not as good as your record though lar.

Gerard

Ha ha Chinese Norman (who lives in Maghull but as you'l know works in the side street the Goat is in) still drinks in there now and then and is good mates with my bro in law.

We won the league in 93 and the cup in 95 (just like the blues ha ha) then up here in its one and only season with a pool table, we won the league with the Eureka (and one of our players won the individuals and another two won the doubles) - then the manager left and the newcomers got rid of the table, the riff raff and got food going again ha ha. Not as good as your record though lar.

Thats the Norman Ged..Great fella..tell him I was asking..
    I'm stayin' away from you mate if there's a Pool table at the next Yo meet up.
    Yer hustler yer...Lol..

Steven

Ged, there used to be a pub called 'The Ponderosa' somewhere around there in Park Road. For the life of me I can't remember where it was but think it was facing the 'Tabernacle' church ???

Can you remember it ?

Can't remember that one Steven, you're not getting mixed up with the ranch on Bonanza are yer

Re: The Ponderosa...was the Farmers Arms, on the corner with Gelling Street. The new housing estate called Northumberland Square is being built on the site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12