Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mill Road Hospital WW2

Hi Davy, Welcome to the Forum.

http://liverpoolremembrance.weebly.c...-hospital.html

Mill Road is on this link. Scroll down for the names of those who died.

Anfield Cemetery had a mass grave ( over 500 ) for many victims. I guess you would need to check the burial registers for grave locations. If they were identified and had family then probably they were buried by the family.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

What surname are you looking for Davy?
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

I did some research on Mill Road a few years ago as my Great Grandad died there back in 1931. Got a few pictures (including interiors) that I can scan in if you want. They're all available at Liverpool library though...

Quote Originally Posted by Wartime Liverpool View Post
    Mill Road hospital was hit by German bombs on 3rd May 1941 with large loss of life. A maternity ward was hit and mothers and their new born babies died. I have been going through the death list and have been reduced to tears. This is one of the saddest things I have ever read about.

I think this sums it up.

BABY CONNOR
    died 03/05/1941, aged 2 days.
    Daughter of George and Elizabeth Ann Connor, of 20B Warwick Gardens. Died at Mill Road Infirmary.

How can we forget them?

Im adding a page to this tragic event on the war website.

Im looking for pics of Mill Road Hospital to use. befor/during/or after the bombing.

The 70th Anniversary is 3rd May 2011. Im hoping to get along to the site to remember it. Im hoping others will come too. We have to remember these babies.

Im thinking would people buy a Teddy Bear for the kiddies. We could donate them to Alder Hey or another kids place? what do you think?

during the bombing many died. Many ambulance drivers, nurses and staff. Patients too.

I have found a few stories of witnesses. Its very sad to read. But so important that we remember.

Thank,s so mutch for the reply, on scrolling down, i found the both named.
    Grace Knox age 25,and son Hugh Knox age 1 week, very sad, but at least they were found and named, unlike quite a number
    of them, who were just covered in lime and concrete.
    My thanks. davydun

Have you any photos of Grace?

I would like to see your pics of Mill Road.

BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12