Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Central Business District

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    This is massive for Liverpool I can't wait to see this one get up and running.
    Paul, will there be a tower amongst the area?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Paul, will there be a tower amongst the area?
    Yes we're supposed to get at least one possibly two if we're lucky.

Blog Entries

Yes we're supposed to get at least one possibly two if we're lucky.
    I'll have to add news here soon: Click here
    Last edited by Kev; 06-25-2006 at 04:58 PM.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I hope we wont have to wait too long for some more news.
    Last edited by Kev; 06-25-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Don't forget Kings Dock is to get a few towers and there is the Windsor development in the Baltic Triangle which is likely to be built,if you look in the development summary on SSC there's also a 15 story tower called Liverpool Edge and it's quite decent,I like what you've done there though Kev.
    Last edited by Kev; 06-25-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormella
    I've uploaded so pictures to show just how clase we are. Really anything to does something with the quite scary expannse of carpark and stops this bit of town feeling quite so unloved is very welcome.

You sound quite well off.

I used to do a crappy course in some place in the Cotton Exchange, the shops around there are more expensive although theres a good pub with a pool table.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

Don't forget Kings Dock is to get a few towers and there is the Windsor development in the Baltic Triangle which is likely to be built,if you look in the development summary on SSC there's also a 15 story tower called Liverpool Edge and it's quite decent,I like what you've done there though Kev.
    Cheers, I need more info on them though so we can start threads here.

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cheers, I need more info on them though so we can start threads here.
    Bunnyman will probably be able to tell you more information than me but I do know the Liverpool Edge one is already on site.

Talking

I'm loving these proposals for the CBD. The area needs a smart open space like the one pictured. I also read that the scheme will include 1 million squre feet of office space, which ain't no small fry!!! Plus residential and retail uses.

If this scheme works the life will be breated back into that whole area, lifting Old Hall St and the Dale St Castle St area between this proposal and Paradise St development.

Some people have been complaining about the heights of buildings on Skyscrapercity, but I think the density is ideal. It looks like it could have a real city feel to it without being too over powering. That whole area is going to change so much, especially when one considers the blank spaces there right now!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blabber
    That whole area is going to change so much, especially when one considers the blank spaces there right now!
    Yes, anythin is better than dead, flat open spaces, we are spoilt at the moment here in Liverpool, so many opportunites.

This will be an exciting place when eventually built.

Welcome Blabber

PS is there a name for that tower?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

We normally just make our own up on SSC until it gets a name,how about the CBD Tower for now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blabber
    I photographed the area from a different angle. Am I correct in thinking the area in red is the CBD?

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I photographed the area from a different angle. Am I correct in thinking the area in red is the CBD?

That's a class pic Kev.

To my knowledge, everything in that pic is the CBD, including in the red line, which will be where the proposal in that rendering will be.

That rendering shows the Bruntwood and what that yellow frame will become, as well as other stuff in your pic. Then there is the tower and office buildings which are proposed.

Apparently, Railegh House (the crap one to the right of that yellow steel frame) is going to be demolished and turned into an 18 storey jobby. They were going to re-clad it in white panels and glazing (there's a board on the side of the building that shows this), but the owners must've decided to just start afresh. Which is great becuase Raileigh House is just crap- and spoils the street linme by protruding out too far.

Blog Entries

ARCHITECTS have won a design award for their city plans.

THESE (when ever they are published) are the first images of how the new heart of Liverpool's business district will be transformed over the coming years.

Tree-lined boulevards with offices, bars, restaurants and luxury apartments will be dominated by a proposed high-rise tower as a new landmark building on the city's skyline.

The masterplan has been devised for government agency, English Cities Fund, by London-based architects RHWL. The firm won a design competition for their vision of the Pall Mall scheme which envisages more than 1m square feet of new office space.

The architects want to see areas reserved for vast car parks to be initially used as an outdoor arena for major entertainment, creating a new "collective history" for the streets and buildings to come.

By coincidence the site takes in what used to be Liverpool Stadium, a one time boxing and events building that could hold an audience running into thousands.

RHWL's aim is to create a commercial area that can rival London and other major UK cities, attracting blue-chip headquarter buildings to Merseyside.

Work is already well under way on the first phase of the scheme, new office space fronting Old Hall Street and the creation of a new St Paul's Square.

Against strong competition, RHWL Architects won the role of lead designer for the renaissance of the Pall Mall district.

The project will generate an impressive almost 1.4m sq ft of flexible mixed use space from an area currently dominated by car parking.

It is the second, and more extensive, development in a flagship regeneration programme initiated and financed by English Cities Fund.

RHWL's competition-winning concept for Pall Mall - which lies adjacent to St Paul's Square - is intended to build on the design principles established in earlier phases.

Pall Mall's mix of buildings will be commercially led, alongside eco-friendly luxury flats.

Just as for the central business district, the architects have paid great attention to discovering the right balance to help the city's aspirations towards being a 24-hour city.

There is scope to include significant leisure and hotel facilities, and total flexibility for changing use is designed in; for example, offices can become retail spaces with ease.

The plans are intended to draw on the lay-out of Liverpool's Victorian buildings and street designs, with characteristic red sandstone the main material, again to reflect Liverpool's history.

RHWL's other current regeneration work includes the Regent Quarter, a mixed use regeneration scheme for four city blocks to the east of London's Kings Cross station (included in this year's London Architecture Biennale), and Riverside Heights, a two-phased residential scheme, part of Norwich City Football Club's redevelopment masterplan.

larryneild@dailypost.co.uk
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

The shops in the CBD are more expensive when you go buy a drink or mars bar!

What is in Pall Mall.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast