Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scousers are born in Liverpool.

Blog Entries

Default Scousers are born in Liverpool.

Please, I was born in Walton hospital "A Walton Bung baby" And I am proud to be a Scouser. But I get well miffed when people tag onto "Scouse" or are claimed as a scouser just because they are in the public eye and are not a true Scouser ! It's a "Birthright" to profess "I am a scouser" And this right should not be handed out Willy Nilly !!! Justice

So lets say yer Ma and Da are on holiday in Blackpool and she's not far off giving birth to you,she gets rushed to the nearest Maternity hospital in Blackpool and you pop out an hour later...does this mean your scouse or a lancky?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    So lets say yer Ma and Da are on holiday in Blackpool and she's not far off giving birth to you,she gets rushed to the nearest Maternity hospital in Blackpool and you pop out an hour later...does this mean your scouse or a lancky?
    At least entitled to call his or herself a "Poolie."

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Blog Entries

Anything except a Scouser

Blackpudding.

Blog Entries

I thought Walton had shakey Scouse credentials, as it was only absorbed by Livepool's town boundaries in 1895. People born in Walton were known as Wausers to the real towers.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I thought Walton had shakey Scouse credentials, as it was only absorbed by Livepool's town boundaries in 1895. People born in Walton were known as Wausers to the real towers.
    Ah yes, you can't whack a 'recent' convert for true staunchness.

To some, like me, life is for amusement only.

Blog Entries

I think you'll find that in 1961 Walton was definitely in Liverpool ! On my birth certificate It's Liverpool North.

True that Daz , Justice is what's known as a Wauser head !!!!!
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.
    Malcolm X

I've had quite a few shakey Scouse credentials, especially after pub crawls along County Road.
    I'm a scouser and proud of it, but see nothing wrong in endowing some lesser mortals with the "honourary scouser" title, provided they are a credit to our city.

Wasn't Liverpool once part of the parish of Walton?

Ha,ha, that will cause some fun down the pub'....."eh,you wauser,come 'ere"!

Blog Entries

True dat. Walton is far older than Liverpool. St Mary's Walton-on-the-Hill was the parish church of Liverpool until 1699 when St Nicks was made the parish church. That means that until 1699 Liverpool had to pay its dues to the rector of Walton!

Quote Originally Posted by fortinian View Post
    True dat. Walton is far older than Liverpool. St Mary's Walton-on-the-Hill was the parish church of Liverpool until 1699 when St Nicks was made the parish church. That means that until 1699 Liverpool had to pay its dues to the rector of Walton!
    De certainly did,didn't de doh!

Blog Entries

Thanks fortinian. Yes, Wausers [citizens of Walton] wore the trousers when Liverpool was a mere back water in the 16th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    I think you'll find that in 1961 Walton was definitely in Liverpool ! On my birth certificate It's Liverpool North.
    But I'll bet it doesn't convey the honour of Scouser on your birth certificate though? Walton was a relatively recent 'Scouse' acquisition in back in 1895. Fast-forward 66 years to your birth year...the paint has hardly had the time to dry.

We'll let you off with a Scouse permit [on default] that you can use around the city.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Is Ricky Tomlinson a scouser seeing as he was born in Blackpool?
    I too was born at Walton Hospital (as was Paul McCartney) I read somewhere that you cannot be more scouse if you were born in Walton.

Now, ive wrestled with this one. I was born in Liverpool in 1959 and lived in Orrel Park until I was 4. Then we moved to Widnes. So, am I a scouser or am I a Woolyback?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast