Thread: Tremendous Welcome for the Queen.

Default Tremendous Welcome for the Queen.

Have been waiting around all day and finally got a glimpse of Qeen Elizabeth at the Capitol here in Richmond, Virginia. Most of the streets where closed off (security issues) and thousands of people are arriving here for the car racing that will be taking place tomorrow. Thousands turned out to welcome her. She had to climb about 40 steps up to the Capitol, she made it without gaspng for breath---she did better than I did. It felt like part of my beloved England came to visit me---made me feel proud.

Blog Entries

Excellent
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ebby1954 View Post
    Have been waiting around all day and finally got a glimpse of Qeen Elizabeth at the Capitol here in Richmond, Virginia. Most of the streets where closed off (security issues) and thousands of people are arriving here for the car racing that will be taking place tomorrow. Thousands turned out to welcome her. She had to climb about 40 steps up to the Capitol, she made it without gaspng for breath---she did better than I did. It felt like part of my beloved England came to visit me---made me feel proud.
    "Lucky You" Joyce, Saw the news coverage on TV but did'nt see you in the crowd!! perhaps you should have worn a Liverpool FC jersey Regards, Norm.

Norm,
    It was really great to see the Queen. Getting through the traffic was a nightmare but when I got to see her---it was worth it!
    Everybody here is amazed how she walked up those 40 steps to the Capitol with no help from anyone---when she got to the top she wasn't even breathing heavy. Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine was walking up the steps beside her, he kept stopping and talking, I believe he was doing this because he was having a hard time making it up those steps.
    Keep In Touch
    Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Ebby1954 View Post
    Norm,
    It was really great to see the Queen. Getting through the traffic was a nightmare but when I got to see her---it was worth it!
    Everybody here is amazed how she walked up those 40 steps to the Capitol with no help from anyone---when she got to the top she wasn't even breathing heavy. Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine was walking up the steps beside her, he kept stopping and talking, I believe he was doing this because he was having a hard time making it up those steps.
    Keep In Touch
    Joyce
    "Just as well he did'nt have to carry all those hats she had with her Eh!!
    Keep Well Joyce!! Enjoy your Summer, Norm.

Maybe she will love it so much she will stay there and move the whole family over to Disneyworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Maybe she will love it so much she will stay there and move the whole family over to Disneyworld
    If she does I will emigrate back to the UK.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

One of my neighbours just mentioned something to me: The Queen visiting the USA and not visiting Canada, in the same trip, was akin to a mother visiting her daughter's neighbour without paying her daughter, next door, a visit. After all she is Queen of Canada.
    Help find Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Well, seeing as the whole "Royal" apparatus is, in this, the 21st. century, a bit of make believe, the above is a good idea, IMHO!

Help find Madeleine