Hi everyone,

I am researching an article about the proposed docklands development: http://www.liverpoolwaters.com

I forwarded the following questions to Peel, which I think, although tricky for them to answer, are totally valid:

1) Peel has outlined that its plans will make Liverpool the rival of Shanghai and New York. Both of these cities have populations of more than 8 million people, Liverpool's is less than half of one million and declining. How will the city be able to support such a huge development of high-rise buildings? In such a small city, is there an economic need for so many skyscrapers?

2) Peel has said its proposed developments will put Liverpool 'on the map'. Liverpool already has a world-famous skyline, judged by UNESCO to be a World Heritage site, is Peel not afraid its plans could overshadow this heritage?

3) The scale of the development is undoubtedly huge, could it in effect create a 'new' Liverpool away from the heart of the current city?

4) Can you tell me more about Peel's ideas for the new skyscapers to be self-sufficient in producing energy? Is this a concept that Peel will hope to be incorpating into all of its developments? Obviously, environmental concerns are are high up news agendas of late and this must affect Peel with the company's ownership of several airports.

5) How confident is Peel that in fifty years time, Liverpool will look like it has envisioned in its promotional video for the city?

This was their response:

"We are currently undertaking research and studies to ensure that what we propose is for the benefit of Liverpool.

At the moment it is a vision that we believe will become a reality. All your questions and more will be addressed over the next 12 months"

I am just wondering what your feelings are on these issues?

Thank you