YO! Liverpool
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Son et Lumiere at St Georges Hall

  1. #1
    Junior Member petecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Son et Lumiere at St Georges Hall








    The Son et Lumière light show at St Georges Hall was fantastic. Sure it rained, and my 10mm lens wasn’t wide enough to get the entire building in but it was brilliant to watch. They’ve got music, a voice over and even video footage mixed into the display. Its running till Sunday so I’d go check it out if I were you. These images also mark my passing of 20,000 on my 30D.

    View more on my site


    ADVERTISING



  2. #2
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I gots to get me camera down there before Sunday.

    Not tonight though as Boxings On Sky Sports and I gots to go pub hunting.

    That display makes for some Amazing pics.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  3. #3
    Junior Member petecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It sure does, if you can get wide enough. I think I'd need an 8mm fish eye on a full frame camera to properly get it all.

  4. #4
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Even without getting It all, the power of Sony will make mine godlike.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  5. #5
    MariaC
    Guest MariaC's Avatar

    Default

    Absolutely superb Pete. Do you mind if I save them and send them to my friends abroad ? I will give you full credits of course. They are just Brill.

  6. #6
    Junior Member petecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaC View Post
    Absolutely superb Pete. Do you mind if I save them and send them to my friends abroad ? I will give you full credits of course. They are just Brill.
    Send them the link to my site: http://www.vanilladays.com/gallery/2..._georges_hall/

  7. #7
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,592
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Great pics, Pete! Many thanks!

    Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  8. #8
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    How much Is It to watch this farce of a light show?

    The Liverpool 08 show doesn't say a price.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  9. #9
    Junior Member petecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It does say that its sold out, and tonight is the last night. I thought it was really good. I love it when people play with buildings in new ways.

  10. #10
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    The Advertising for this and the St Georges reopening was terrible though.

    I only found out the events were 7 days because of going on here. I thought It was all just a day event until I saw your pics.

    The Light show looks the same as the new years fireworks event In January yet that was free and going to the St Georges Hall was free too.

    Going to the hall again anyway, most of my pics are too fuzzy because of all the muscle shaking I had.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  11. #11
    Junior Member petecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Art in Liverpool is one of the best resources for these things. The light show was a hell of a lot better than the one at "New Years", on the 5th That was just colours on the building. This had movies, sound, animation, the blitz. Very well done.

  12. #12
    Creator & Administrator Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Under The Stairs >> Under The Mud.
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Thanks for the pics Pete
    Liverpool in Pictures/ YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain.

    All server & domain costs are covered by myself & kind donations of individuals.

    If you like the website, please donatevia PayPal!




    Thank you


    Kev
    2005 - 2017

  13. #13
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petecarr View Post
    Art in Liverpool is one of the best resources for these things. The light show was a hell of a lot better than the one at "New Years", on the 5th That was just colours on the building. This had movies, sound, animation, the blitz. Very well done.
    I'm just bitter that I won't be able to take pics of It now and It's a once In a life time thing being It 800 years of whatever.

    They put going Into the Hall free but the light show Isn't.

    There was no outdoor advertising outside the city centre, not everyone checks websites or knows about certain sites.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  14. #14
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    The Advertising for this and the St Georges reopening was terrible though.
    I only found out the events were 7 days because of going on here. I thought It was all just a day event until I saw your pics.

    The Light show looks the same as the new years fireworks event In January yet that was free and going to the St Georges Hall was free too.

    Going to the hall again anyway, most of my pics are too fuzzy because of all the muscle shaking I had.
    True, Max.

    I only really get my local news from BBC TV, and I didn't know much more than Charles was there on the 23rd.
    I knew nothing about the light show (and they said nothing about the fireworks at Beetham West).

    My own fault, I suppose, for not buying the Echo, and not listening to Local Radio.

    Thanks, Kev & yoliverpool, because I can read a lot of news here.

    Excellent photos, Pete.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 04-29-2007 at 01:32 PM.

  15. #15
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I'm just bitter that I won't be able to take pics of It now and It's a once In a life time thing being It 800 years of whatever.

    They put going Into the Hall free but the light show Isn't.

    There was no outdoor advertising outside the city centre, not everyone checks websites or knows about certain sites.

    I live 5 minutes from the Georges Hall and was sitting on the big steps on the day I went in..
    I knew nothing of the open day but asked a few people what was going on and thats how I found out..
    What d'yer expect Max..Tis Liverpool mate..

  16. #16
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I live 5 minutes from the Georges Hall and was sitting on the big steps on the day I went in..
    I knew nothing of the open day but asked a few people what was going on and thats how I found out..
    What d'yer expect Max..Tis Liverpool mate..
    Isn't the display visible from the Gardens?
    What time is it today?

  17. #17
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Isn't the display visible from the Gardens?
    What time is it today?

    Its now 13.35 Phil..


  18. #18
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Its now 13.35 Phil..

    Thank you, Gerard.
    I hope others realise that I'm asking about the Light Show.

  19. #19
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    What d'yer expect Max..Tis Liverpool mate..
    I'd expect It for less popular gems like small listed buildings In Liverpool but not for the really popular buildings In Liverpool like St Georges Hall.

    It was like the Beer Festival In Wavertree, there only advertising was a cheap Myspace account and It was even sponsored by Radio City who didn't say nothing on the Radio!

    Ashamed of Liverpool at times, theres a weird mentality and attitude around this city with some people. I just give these people cold stares and wouldn't complain If something happened to alot of people In this city, not all though.

    I'm starting to like the thoughts of Superiority I have of my self compared to some people now.

    Council letting tit students off with ruining areas and this ain't just me who mentions that, there was leaflets through my door about that. When my mum complained about them the excuse they give Is well they bring money Into the city.

    I might be learning to drive soon too and I have no doubt I'd easily pass and learn to drive due to what I see on the roads and the tards who drive. Last night someone was smoking a ciggie and driving at the same time on Lawrence road.

    Thanks, Kev & yoliverpool, because I can read a lot of news here.
    I second that, this site Influenced my picture taking hobby. So did Liverpool Views.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  20. #20
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Isn't the display visible from the Gardens?
    What time is it today?
    They;ve put railing up around the gardens but you can see It from the outside.

    Better In the Gardens though If want to use a Camera.

    I renounce being called a scouser and Liverpudlian too, I'll just say I'm from Wavertree or England.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

  21. #21
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Thank you, Gerard.
    I hope others realise that I'm asking about the Light Show.

    I knew that Phil Lad..just actin' the goat mate..

    Sorry Sir..

  22. #22
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I knew that Phil Lad..just actin' the goat mate..

    Sorry Sir..
    I knew that.

  23. #23
    Otterspool Onomatopoeia Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I think I might know a good spot to take this and where to sneak In.

    The Fences there using to cover the pathways are the ones I can easily move aside and put back.

    I feel like Snappel.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Similar Threads

  1. St Georges Hall
    By Bob Edwards in forum Bob Edwards' Liverpool Picture Book
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!