YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inside St Georges Hall

Thanks

Default Inside St Georges Hall

ADVERTISING

These shots were all taken inside the Great Hall in St Georges Hall. Its stunning in there, it really is. Just as the outside is amazing so is the inside. The floor has around 30,000 tiles in total. The lighting wasnít exactly great, well it was ok but not great. Most of the images turned out too warm at the top and too odd at the bottom. So the colours change slightly from image to image as Iíve tried to correct the white balance in each. It was made worse after running them through Photomatix. Still, I feel I got some acceptable results of something I might never see again. The floor is only open till Sunday and then it will be covered up again. Its well worth a visit.

Thanks

That floor's just amazing... how the hell did they ever do it? It's a shame it's not on show all year round, but at the same time it's good that it's being looked after.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    That floor's just amazing... how the hell did they ever do it? It's a shame it's not on show all year round, but at the same time it's good that it's being looked after.
    When is it being covered up until ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPathos View Post
    When is it being covered up until ?
    Not sure. I think its every 10 years they uncover it, maintain it and open it to the public for a week. Its a shame more people can't see it, but understandable if they need to preserve it.

Thanks

No idea. Probably until further notice. It's uncovered for the 800th birthday celebrations I think. Usually it is hidden. This is the first time it has been seen in 10 years.

Thanks

Great pics. I was never out of there. Boxing tournaments, Judo, Filming of 'Fall of the Eagles' - Russian cossacks. (all as a spectator, not participating you understand) Flea Markets, unofficial tours in the out of bounds areas, used to play in there really.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast