Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlamb Bananas

Tell 'em we won't pay and then let's nick the Tower until they give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Nice publicity for a grand
    Sorry maybe im thinkin too much......
    Still not heard anything about the one missing from Stanley Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Still not heard anything about the one missing from Stanley Park.
    From the gosuperlambananas website -

86 Roy G Biv

has temporarily been moved into a safe compound in Stanley Park and can now only be seen from a distant. We are establishing an alternative home so that you can enjoy this beautiful piece of mosaic art.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Thanks for that A.D.W.
    Glad nothin bad happened to it
    Quincy will have to work hard to track this one down...

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I wonder if the same people behind Steven Gerrard's missing birthday cake are involved in it?
    So we're to expect a slice of lamb or banana in the post shortly?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    OK..so at the risk of sounding dumb...but whats with the lambchop thingies.....be gentle with me though I have been away a a loooooong time.......
    Lambchops? NO!!! They are superlambananas, Maggie May. This link might be of help to your goodself - http://www.gosuperlambananas.co.uk/

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

if you skinned a superlambanana the skin would make a lovely pair of wooly 'slippers'

Any idea as to why the lamb banana outside Allerton Library is covered in a pale blue sheet ?

I’m going to create a Supersizebanana
    Jun 21 2008
    by Catherine Jones, Liverpool Echo

THE sculptor who brought the original Superlambanana to life is to create a new giant model of the iconic city statue.

Julian Taylor has teamed up with property developer Urban Splash to build a “comeback” Superlambanana – a decade after he created the original.

The 40-year-old from Aigburth spent three months working on the original Superlambanana at the Matchworks site in Garston, early in 1998, recreating artist Taro Chiezo’s original vision for Liverpool.

The new Superlambanana will be a stainless steel “chassis” without the paint-covered concrete coating.

Mr Taylor said: “When we were working on the first Superlambanana I can honestly say the most inspiring stage was when we had completed the armature, just before we put the concrete on.

“We could see all angles of this fantastic model. It seemed a shame to cover it up and that’s why, this time, I was determined to create an original model at its finest stage.

“It’s my interpretation of the statue, a simple wire frame view of it which is beautiful and quite delicate at the same time.”

The Urban Splash model will become a permanent fixture at the Superlambanana’s original Matchworks home.

It is anticipated the sculpture, being created in Mr Taylor’s Bridewell studio, will be finished by the end of July.

But the sculptor is having to work from photographs and memory to build the new model.

He said: “Back in 1998, we created a small hatch in the Superlambanana’s belly so we could climb in and out of the sculpture while we were adding the concrete exterior.

“When we were completing the model, we thought it would be a great idea to permanently seal the original plans inside as a sort of time capsule – little did we know that we’d need them 10 years on.”

Lynn Haime, associate director at Urban Splash Work, said: “The model will become an excellent attraction, not only for the people who work at Matchworks but for those passing the site every day.”

Source: Liverpool Echo

It's a great pity that the City Council don't have anything better to spend their time and money on - like abandoned buildings waiting to fall down.... rather than spend a load of our tax payers money on stupid objects that have no meaning in Liverpool.

Have we finally forgotten the Liver Bird and when will it be taken down from the Liver Buildings?

Gididi Gididi Goo.

I am a fan of the Superlambs but we should have some focus on our Liver birds too. As someone has already suggested - a huge Liver bird statue in a public place would be brilliant.

if there is no super huge liverbird , i'd be a bit bothered if there was a super huge lamb chop, as the lamb means absolutely nothing to me or the city, or my forefathers, maybe the city could change its name to superlambverpool to make it ok , in the words of jim royle' my a**e, ' there are bigger and better things to be proud of, look around you, give yourself 24 hours and you'll find 20 things that have a lower profile but have 10 times + more to do with liverpool. sitting from the oputside I can't see anything that it has to do directly with Liverpool, can anyone else, I'm all for people having a laugh , culture for sculpture, symbolism etc..... but really can't get it, they are saturated across the city ' Why ?it's got nothing to do with me, my parents , grandparents etc. or the city they lived in and loved, looks like a marketing and pr campaign to me, i'm not sold.............. sell it to me, i'l listen.

PhilipG

Forget about genetic engineering.
    I associate it with Liverpool's export/import trade.
    Garston was famous for importing bananas, and the SLB's links with the Matchworks are a good coincidence.
    Besides, it looks cute, and brings a smile to most faces.
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Forget about genetic engineering.
    I associate it with Liverpool's export/import trade.
    Garston was famous for importing bananas, and the SLB's links with the Matchworks are a good coincidence.
    Besides, it looks cute, and brings a smile to most faces.
    I love it.
    i appreciate your interpretation and views philip, but as most places outside of south america import bananas i'm not sold on it's uniqueness to Liverpool, and googie the liverpool duck was cute

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    i appreciate your interpretation and views philip, but as most places outside of south america import bananas i'm not sold on it's uniqueness to Liverpool, and googie the liverpool duck was cute
    I know that I'm not going to sell it to you, Shoney, but I should have mentioned New Zealand Lamb.
    I think I'm right in saying that Fyffes at Garston imported more bananas than anywhere else.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast