Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlamb Bananas

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Good pics all (but roll on Tuesday...heheheheheh)
    It's Tuesday..........hoooooray
    The big tidy up of those stupid ugly useless things.

Why be so miserable, kids and grownups liked them. It seems you are always moaning about something, cheer up and let the world go on.

It's Tuesday..........hoooooray
    The big tidy up of those stupid ugly useless things.
    And ...... they're back!!!!

8th and 9th September 70 of them will be on St Georges Plateau for a final hurrah! See you there zappa?!!!!

Blog Entries

They should make this a yearly 'Festival of Bananas', its been fantastic and has captured everyone from locals to students and people from far and wide!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

for the poor:

Well they have sure made hubby and I smile ..so a big thankyou to all of you who have posted photo's of them.....

Just proves what I have always said that scousers have a good sense of humour.....I love the way the lamb bananas have developed and that people have so obviously had fun creating them..........so even if I cant get to see them for real the photo's here have certainly made up for it....well done

[QUOTE=quincyg;144601]updates on the SLBs

84. ?Peek-a-boo? Newsham Superlambanana
    ?Peek-a-boo? is recuperating with the SuperVets, and unfortunately won?t be back in time for the end of the trail.

this was the one whose tail was set on fire...

and it means I'll NEVER be able to get the full set as I will have visited all the other 124 by the weekend. I hate being sick, if I'd have been up to it I'd have done them all sooner.

---------------------------------

Quincy I'm sure I posted a picture of the newsham park one - you are welcome to copy and keep it for your collection - - if you can find it - I'm not sure which page it will be on - havn't got time to search just at the mo.
    have a look if you have time.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

Why be so miserable, kids and grownups liked them. It seems you are always moaning about something, cheer up and let the world go on.
    Miserable ? Me ? Never!! (Very rarely).
    It would of been a better thing to have diddy men dotted all around or even a Liverpool logo. Better still the money could of been put to a lot better use.
    They mean nothing to the city. What do they represent ? Like I have said many times before "most people will accept any crap they're given" and I can not understand why this piece of ugliness was accepted by the people of Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by julieoapw View Post
    And ...... they're back!!!!

8th and 9th September 70 of them will be on St Georges Plateau for a final hurrah! See you there zappa?!!!!
    great, will try and get down there for a quick shufty, before Zapps get's there with his shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post

Quincy I'm sure I posted a picture of the newsham park one - you are welcome to copy and keep it for your collection - - if you can find it - I'm not sure which page it will be on - havn't got time to search just at the mo.
    have a look if you have time.
    cheers. Tommy Patto let me use his 'peek-a-boo' one on my Flickr set. his was a rear end pic so I'll look for yours and save it for my home set.
    maybe she'll make an appearance at St Georges with a large bandage on .
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

They mean nothing to the city. What do they represent ? Like I have said many times before "most people will accept any crap they're given" and I can not understand why this piece of ugliness was accepted by the people of Liverpool.
    Says the Zappa fan
    /Bob

They mean nothing to the city. What do they represent ? Like I have said many times before "most people will accept any crap they're given" and I can not understand why this piece of ugliness was accepted by the people of Liverpool
    True plus they get In the way of my building photos.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I live in Donegal Ireland but I am originally from Derry, NI.

I personally think that these superlamb bananas are an eye sore, surely something better could have been designed. Sorry Liverpool I dont like them
    100% Irish

I havn't minded them at all. They have been amusing for the time.

I think the Diddymen idea suggested by JZ would be good. It would reintroduce them to the kids who are too young to remember them.

Got my Go Superlambananas catalogue today which is a nice souvenir for lazyarses or people that live on the Continong (or both, like me). But the photos on this thread were what brought the whole thing to life - thanks Quincy and others, your pics are amazing!

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by molly View Post
    I personally think that these superlamb bananas are an eye sore, surely something better could have been designed. Sorry Liverpool I dont like them
    Don't apologise,it's the people who voted them in who should be apologising.
    I'm glad to see the back of them.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast