Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlamb Bananas

4 from over the water

Flora Lambanana- Birkenhead Park (very like the Woolton one)

Culture Chalk - Pyramids shopping centre, Birkenhead

and the 2 at Port Sunlight
    Clouderama - Lady Lever Art Gallery,

Past Port to the future - Port Sunlight museum
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

I may be able to cheat and get some shots just before the auction on September 9th when sometime before then they are going to display them all on the plateau in front of St Georges Hall! Altthough not the community ones which will be given back to the communities.
    I did think of going along to the auction to try to photo some but it costs £40 just to go in and the guide starting price for each one will be £3000. They reckon in the past, some have similar ones have gone for around £25000.

Have also only just realised that one of the ones in the East Village is shared between 4 artists and so is completely different every 2 weeks or so. Went this week and it's a completely different one from the one I got at the beginning! Did you know this Quincy? Have you been getting them all? I vaguely remember reading something along these lines when I first photographed it then it went out of my mind.

Hi J
    yes I was aware that they alter, but it's taking me all my time just to do the others.

'Fizz' is still missing ( I fear that one may be beyond repair)

went to do 'Peek-a-boo' at Newsham Drive today only to find it was set alight at the weekend these yobs make me so angry. one of the people living opposite said his young kids were in tears when they saw it. he's bringing them up to respect things and this is what happens. The men on the van who came to collect it said they should be able to repair it within a week or so.

so only got 3 today
    'Superfanbanana' at Anfield

'Blueberry Banana' at Ackers Hall Ave -shame the fence spoils it

and 'SuperConeBanana' at Edge Lane

so I'm down to my last 5 official ones (3 of those currently with the supervets) plus at least 3 more mini ones at Fazakerley I've heard about.

Oooh, they're nice Quincy, especially the first two. It makes me so angry when these yobs spoil it for eveyone, especially, as you say, the kids. They are also taking money from charity.
    I hope to get out and about, outside the city centre, for a day or two and get some of the rarer ones. But don't think I'll have time to get them all so will have to cheat at St George's Hall!
    When I photographed Art Vandelist in East Village, it was sort of brown and white wallpaper, some of it peeling. Now it's a green one, with Mr Men and other colourful characters on it. I can't keep up!
    Good luck with the rest of your search!

Last edited by julieoapw; 08-12-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julieoapw View Post
    I meant to drop by there yesterday on the way back from Port Sunlight, but got distracted. it'll be nice for my general SLB collection. not sure they've made it 126 yet

finally got updates for missing ones...shame it wasn't done before I went out today...

94. Cobanana
    Cobanana is not feeling very well and so is being looked after by the SuperVets.

7. Ewes Water Wisely
    This Superlamb is being look after by the SuperVets and will be back as soon as he feels better.
    (his pedals were missing within a day of him arriving at the Albert Dock)
    [/COLOR]

84. “Peek-a-boo” Newsham Superlambanana

“Peek-a-boo” is having a rest with the SuperVets, but rest assured he will be back

92. Bridge-it
    Bridge-it was brought in from the cold for some desperately needed TLC. Bridge-it can be seen being cared for by the SuperVets at Clubmoor Youth Centre.

and amazingly as the damage was apparently quite bad...90. Fizz-Fizz is in her new home at Fazakerly Federation[/COLOR]

now I just need to Google Fazak Federation...it's on Formosa Drive

and for anyone who has a bottle of oxygen , medical help and a good sherpa!

Jubilee Tower at the summit of Moel Famau, in the Clwydian Range is the place to be on Saturday 16 August 2008 as you will be able to meet the highest Superlambanana of them all. Over the summer, one or two Superlambananas have managed to escape from the trail with one of them finding its way to the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod and Wepre Park where through a series of workshops, children and adults helped decorate the Superlambanana with Moel Famau in mind.

Now everyone is invited to join the newly dressed Superlambanana when he’s put out to ‘graze’ at the top of Moel Famau for the Big Walk, a day of family fun with performances of music and poetry.

Bring a picnic and take part in a day of fun and family entertainment.The first 500 visitors to reach the summit on the day will receive a banana courtesy of the Co-op. Park and Ride is available from County Hall, Mold and will run at regular intervals from 9.30am and returning throughout the afternoon. Anyone interested in taking the Park and Ride bus can pre book (advised) by phoning 01352 810614.

The Big Walk is being organised by Denbighshire’s Tourism, Culture & Countryside Service and Flintshire County Council, to celebrate the connections between the Clwydian Range AONB and Merseyside, as Liverpool celebrates its status as European Capital of Culture.

Last edited by quincyg; 08-13-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by julieoapw View Post
    Have also only just realised that one of the ones in the East Village is shared between 4 artists and so is completely different every 2 weeks or so. Went this week and it's a completely different one from the one I got at the beginning!
    I pass through regularly, Art Vandelist has had three different patterns afaik - the current green version has been so for about 3 weeks.... which means it's probably due another last change!

/Bob

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
    .jpg[/IMG]so I'm down to my last 5 official ones (3 of those currently with the supervets) plus at least 3 more mini ones at Fazakerley I've heard about.
    Made the trip up to Ainsdale for Tiger in the Woods tonight... had a nice Italian meal near the station and caught the last train back. So there you have it, proof there is a tourism benefit for the local businesses!

I still need 16 - including the 6 on the Wirral, 2 Runcorn, 1 Wales. If the only one I miss out on is Fizz someone is going to get hurt

Will post a small selection of my faves when I pull my finger out...
    Last edited by arrr_bob; 08-13-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: forgot to mention tonights outing
    /Bob

Quote Originally Posted by arrr_bob View Post
    Made the trip up to Ainsdale for Tiger in the Woods tonight... had a nice Italian meal near the station and caught the last train back. So there you have it, proof there is a tourism benefit for the local businesses!

I still need 16 - including the 6 on the Wirral, 2 Runcorn, 1 Wales. If the only one I miss out on is Fizz someone is going to get hurt

Will post a small selection of my faves when I pull my finger out...
    I did put the updates up Bob -Fizz is supposed to be in Fazakerley Federation. it's one of the buildings at the bottom of the steps I think. Will prob have to do that one Monday...I got it at Garston, but still want to them all in situ if poss.

Tiger I'll do during next week. The one in Birkenhead park is on the A553 side...not the bottom of the park that the map shows

I did put the updates up Bob -Fizz is supposed to be in Fazakerley Federation. it's one of the buildings at the bottom of the steps I think.
    The one in Birkenhead park is on the A553 side...not the bottom of the park that the map shows

Ta, most helpful!
    /Bob

Blog Entries

The one in Birkenhead park is on the A553 side...not the bottom of the park that the map shows
    got that one today....after a walk around Birkenhead Park
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

That's handy to know - will keep my eye on it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr_bob View Post
    I pass through regularly, Art Vandelist has had three different patterns afaik - the current green version has been so for about 3 weeks.... which means it's probably due another last change!

Blog Entries

Tranmere's SLB,Prenton Park

[
    Last edited by robbo176; 01-15-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: remove photo
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

For info - Superlambanana Baa was outside The Dispensary (Renshaw St) when I went past this evening...
    /Bob

Blog Entries
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast