Thread: Hunter / Kenwright

Default Hunter / Kenwright

Hello!

I'm looking to get in touch with Ernest & Joan Kenwright or their decendants. Joan was born Joan B Hunter, and married Ernest in 1947. If my information is correct, Ernest served in the RAF in WWII and was awarded the DFC and DFM. As far as I can determine, in the 2002 Electoral rolls they were in Liverpool/Merseyside, but that's not a positive, just gleaned from the internet. I am uncertain if either or both of them is still alive, or if they had any children.

My reason is simple, and it's regarding Joan's father and a small sketch in my ggrandmothers autograph book from 1909.

If there is anyone who recognizes this family, or who is part of this family, please get in touch.

Thanks!
    CC from Canada

Blog Entries

Don't think Kenwright is that common a name.
    Bill Kenwright - the theatre impressario and Everton Chairman is from Liverpool and used to live with his parents on the corner of Mather Avenue and Greenhill Road in Allerton.
    Might there be a connection?

It's possible he is related, but I'm not clear on where exactly Ernest & Joan live/lived, just that it was Liverpool/Merseyside. Was hoping someone would be able to check directories or point me to obit sources for recent times, as I think one or both of them were alive around 2002.

I think they lived in Roby (near to Huyton) - they had kennels there. I used to work with a relative of theirs. This was 20 years ago I've no idea if they are still there.