Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disbanded Nightclubs in Liverpool

Star and Garter omg i owned up to going there

Chauffers and The Casablanca on hope street, two great little clubs, so sadly missed.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    My brother in laws brother (if you can follow that) used to manage Eric's, some of his Eric's memorabilia is in the Beat Goes On exhibition at the museum. The premises became the Cave when I went there (early 80's). There was also a club called Freewheelers (I think) near the bottom of Wood Street and The Wilsons..... memories of my head banging days ......
    I remember them well, Like it was only yesterday.
    "Such Power Exists?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Star and Garter omg i owned up to going there

Chauffers and The Casablanca on hope street, two great little clubs, so sadly missed.

Chauffeurs - run by Charlie Scott. I was standing next to him at the bar one night when I commented upon the ships bell behind the bar. It said 'Craftsman' on it. I was with Harrison Line at the time and the Craftsman was one of their ships (there was a series of them over the years). Charlie told me a mate of his was a friend of the captain and that was how he got it. That may well be what Charlie's mate told him but no captain would give away a ship's bell.

The Harrington Bar in Harrington Street. Had a disco and a late licence due to it serving food. Played Bowie / Electronic / New Wave music and was very popular at the height of the 'New Romantic' era in the early 80's. Gay doorman !

Just had an email of someone asking about photo's of the Wilson's that used to be at the bottom of Wood Street 80's and 90's (inside if possible). I haven't got any but if anyone has please let me know or post them on the site. (So longs as I'm not on any of them with a frizzy perm and bikers jacket)

Ah, so it's you!!!!
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Just had an email of someone asking about photo's of the Wilson's that used to be at the bottom of Wood Street 80's and 90's (inside if possible). I haven't got any but if anyone has please let me know or post them on the site. (So longs as I'm not on any of them with a frizzy perm and bikers jacket)
    Nope - I think the one I have of you you're with a frizzy biker and wearing a permed jacket.

I'd rather not see them to be honest!
    "Such Power Exists?"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    I'd rather not see them to be honest!
    My perm wasn't that bad honestly

I used to sneak into Eric's in the afternoons to see Pink Military and was a regular when it was the "cave"
    Wilsons, Freewheelers, the Warehouse and Milo's were my other fav's, and after a Haircut i could be seen in Pickwicks!

There may well be a few pics of me around the Wilson's bar but my hair wa more of a greasey mix of beer and pacholli oil than "frizzy"

The Venue, Green Lane, Tuebrook.
    Originally built in the 1960s as a bowling alley next door to the Carlton/ABC cinema.

I remember when it was the Coconut Grove!! Had some boss nights in The State in the mid 80's.. IMO the best club in the country for atmosphere (slightly dodgy one but great).

Also remember Dukes, Gatsby's, The Babaloo, The Cabin (nurses club:impossible NOT to pull)

Daley's on Dale Street... watching Groundpig (covers band bar none)... mad nights... The Vaults... could go on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Backintheday View Post
    The Venue, Green Lane, Tuebrook.
    Originally built in the 1960s as a bowling alley next door to the Carlton/ABC cinema.

I remember when it was the Coconut Grove!! Had some boss nights in The State in the mid 80's.. IMO the best club in the country for atmosphere (slightly dodgy one but great).

Also remember Dukes, Gatsby's, The Babaloo, The Cabin (nurses club:impossible NOT to pull)

Daley's on Dale Street... watching Groundpig (covers band bar none)... mad nights... The Vaults... could go on and on...
    I know them all
    "Such Power Exists?"

Blog Entries

does anyone remember The Dock?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I've drank in all the rest above but can't say i've heard of that one Kev, where was it?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

I'm sure it was within the Stanley Dock complex of warehouses, it opened around the time of The Quad, The State and The Buzz etc...
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast