YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare bottle

Thanks

Default Rare bottle

The bottle below is worth£15 to£18 its rare as rocking horse manure...rare my A*se...the part building in the pic stored old crates and in some of these old crates were those bottles,the building was also storage for old lables,cardboard boxes,plackards of the lemonade given to shops who sold full swing lemonade.

This bottle is not complete...its missing its round stopper and wire.

How do I know this....I worked there,it was my second job after leaving school.
    Buisness was a family run firm and an all female internal workforce except the only male on the shopfloor was me,twas a hard slog working there for 4 years but a happy slog...I put it down to working with the ladies.

Wage was,£13 and something?5 days a week...dang did I really work for peanuts back then,sheeesh.

ADVERTISING

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	17545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swing codd.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	17546  

Thanks

Whereabouts is this George? ...and any idea when it ceased to be?

Thanks

How's about my bottle from the Old Swan Glassworks, with the old stopper in.
    It has the inscription "J. Dewar", an anvil trademark and "Ellison Street Old Swan.

Gotta be worth £2 of anybody's money
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottle.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	17549  
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Thanks

I think they musta shut up shop in the 80's sometime? as Ileft there 80/81? fo a lifeon the Irish Sea.

Buisness musta been bad for them to finish upbecause they have been in business as long as Schofields Lemonade and they where the only two Lemo companies trading in Liverpool.

They were situated in Richmond Row and the pic is showing the back entrance in Birkette Street,I think this is a Double glazing firm now?

Not much can be found on the company on the net which I find most odd as their lemo was popular at one time along with schoies lemo.

Edna Griffths and Derek Griffths were the last remaining two of their family generation but they'll be gone now as they were getting on a bit when I was there so maybe they ceased trading because the younger generation didn't want to take the buisness over?

Thanks

That's interesting! When you think of the amount of soft drinks consumed today, it's hard to understand that the 2 companies went out of business!

Thanks

Rumour has it that when Alpine set up shop in the 70's these two had a large chunk of their sales slashed because of the door to door delivery by Alpine...Alpine didn't last long but sure did some damage for the time it was in buisness.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast