Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Tree

Question Family Tree

Hiya,
    Have many people on here researched thier family trees ?
    I started about 6 mths ago now,its facinating the things you find out !!
    I am in the process of doing my grandmothers on my dads side because my dad died before i was born,i knew nothing,but i always knew there was something there that no one spoke about.............................
    Found out a month ago she was Anglo Indian,and all her family was born in India !!!!!! and i had been asking people for looks ups on her in Liverpool too !!
    Jacky

Default Family Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hiya,
    Have many people on here researched thier family trees ?
    I started about 6 mths ago now,its facinating the things you find out !!
    I am in the process of doing my grandmothers on my dads side because my dad died before i was born,i knew nothing,but i always knew there was something there that no one spoke about.............................
    Found out a month ago she was Anglo Indian,and all her family was born in India !!!!!! and i had been asking people for looks ups on her in Liverpool too !!
    Jacky
    Most families have things they think are embarrassing and wish not to talk about. It all adds to the fun of genealogy in teasing out the past. I've researched our family worldwide. It's great fun and addictive and would recommend the hobby to anyone.

Hiya Taffy,
    If only my dad and his parents could know how proud this info has made me,
    My dads g dad was in the army (Sergeant Major) and all his uncles where army people too.My Dads mum was disowned by her family for getting married to a "commoner"---My granddad ........this is when she came to live in Liverpool
    Jacky

I have a family tree on line, in Geneanet. I am about 1850. It´s too difficult to find more, coz the papers was destructed in our civil war.

Default Ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    I have a family tree on line, in Geneanet. I am about 1850. It´s too difficult to find more, coz the papers was destructed in our civil war.
    If you go back far enough Marie ( a few thousand years), you'll find large numbers of your ancestors ended up in Wales. This has been determined by comparisons of DNA analyses from different populations around Europe.

Gnomie

Been doing it for 3 years, hard because mine are Irish and lots of their records have gone. but great fun and sad a times too.

Still waiting to get Kev going on his. C`mon Kev i know you want too
    Last edited by Gnomie; 04-09-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Blog Entries

I've been doing my tree for about 4 years but only got to about early 1800's with the Liverpool sides of my family
    but the Suffolk side of my family has been overdone going back to 1500's so many people are connected to the Foremans from the little village of Pakenham in Suffolk there was nothing left for me to do

Been researching my tree for a couple of years back to 1720, the good thing was like Mandys family mine stayed in the same village called Broseley in Shropshire before moving to Liverpool early 1900s.
    Had alot of success and have had emails from connecting family trees.

Have a family tree website with over 4000 hits from all over the world.
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Gnomie

John where is your link to the site please. can i have a nose.

mine is at the bottom of me signature.

chippie

Default family tree

I,ve been doing mine for seven years and I,ve found out loads of ancesors were pregnant before they married, there have been members died in infancy that we knew nothing about and that my mother had a child that died before she married my dad, oh and we,ve three cousins that married too

Gmomie
    My Mams dad was Irish..........Between India and Ireland,,,it will take me a lifetime i think.... Lol But i am up for it !!!!!
    Jacky

chippie

Default irish ancestore

my grandad,s folks were Irish from counnty down, my grandmother,s side from Armagh, and I,m proud to have survived all their poverty

Blog Entries

I found my Aunt after 25 years while doing my tree we lost contact after my mum & dad divorced ,she told about my gt gran who had been charged with killing her twin grandchildren, unfortunatly my aunt didn't know any other details because it was all hushed up & no-one spoke of it
    my gt gran seems to have been a very nasty woman as she had 15 children only 3 survived, she also looked after her brothers baby when his wife died of TB the baby soon died of severe malnutrition
    My Aunt also told me that my Gt gran locked my mum & her sister in a cellar while babysitting them

I love a good murder mystery
    I tell my kids to behave because it might run in the family

Default Normality

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    I,ve been doing mine for seven years and I,ve found out loads of ancesors were pregnant before they married, there have been members died in infancy that we knew nothing about and that my mother had a child that died before she married my dad, oh and we,ve three cousins that married too
    Chippie, your family were quite normal !! and at least they got married.

I just started mine, I trace mine back to Cork and England

As far as I know one side of my family was in the British army at one point and the other side in the IRA during the early 20th century, what a great family reunion that would be

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast