Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Gores/Kellys Directories

Default To PhilipG

Sorry, I ommitted to thank you for the confirmation of John Grogan Murphy's address at 1 Bright Street. Ppym

Thank you for the info - perhaps the family moved in soon after, or maybe the lady was a relation/in-law of the householder - I suppose I`ll never know now...

Hi, I am new to researching Liverpool ancestors, my family come from the Sussex area, but now I am trying to trace my husbands family. His gg-grandfather John O'Brien originally came from Ireland to Liverpool sometime between his birth in abt 1821 and the birth of his son Daniel in abt 1850 John's wife Margaret was also born in Ireland and I don't know if they married in Ireland or Liverpool.

The only information I have on John is from the 1861 census when the family lived in 69, Blenheim Street and his occupation is joiner. I know the family were catholic and that some of his grandchildren were baptised in St Joseph's RC church.

I am hoping that maybe you would check your directories for me and see if you have any entries for him - it has been suggested he came from County Mayo but I need some more information to pursue that.

Basically I would appreciate any help with this brick wall. Thanks Cathy.

Question Can Mandy or another kind soul help a newbie with a frustrating brick wall?

Hi Mandy,
    I am new to researching Liverpool ancestors, my family come from the Sussex area, but now I am trying to trace my husbands family. His gg-grandfather John O'Brien originally came from Ireland to Liverpool sometime between his birth in abt 1821 and the birth of his son Daniel in abt 1850 John's wife Margaret was also born in Ireland in abt 1823 and I don't know if they married in Ireland or Liverpool.

The only information I have on John is from the 1861 census when the family lived in 69, Blenheim Street and his occupation was joiner. In this census they have 3 other children
    Thomas age 5 born in Liverpool Lancashire, Margaret age 3 born in Liverpool Lancashire
    and John age 1 born in Liverpool Lancashire

I know the family were catholic and that some of his son Thomas' children were baptised in St Joseph's RC church Liverpool.

I am hoping that maybe you would check your directories for me and see if you have any entries for him - it has been suggested he came from County Mayo but I need some more information to pursue that. If you have any other ideas of places I can look I would appreciate it - I have found the Liverpool history project which gave some great information on baptisms of some of his grandchildren but the coverage doesn't help with John.

Basically I would appreciate any help with this brick wall. Thanks Cathy.

Could you please look up any Purcell in the 1938 directory, possibly around the Kinglake St area. Thank you very much.

Default Grandad's Chippy

Hi I am trying to trace my friends Grandparents chippy in Scotland Road Liverpool in the 1920's/30's. Their names were James and Eva Barnes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carolyn

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robbo176 View Post
    Hi All
    I have Liverpool directories for 1860, 1911 & 1938 if any one would like a lookup
    Mandy
    Hi please could you have a look for my friends Grandparents James and Eva Barnes, they owned a Chippy in Scotland Road, Liverpool in the 1920's/30's but that is all we know. Many thanks, Carolyn

Default Trying to trace relatives / friends of Frank Young (born 1915)

Hi

Frank Young was my wife's father. He was born in West Derby and trained / worked at the Liverpool Echo as a compositer. We strongly believe from birth records that he had a sister Alice born 1916. I suspect that the father was called up in 1916 (when conscription was announced) and sometime thereafter the family moved to a different part of Liverpool as no other births for the Young /Bell partnership can be found for West Derby. During the 1939-45 war, Frank was stationed in Cornwall and also spent time in North Africa. After the war Frank married and settled in Liskeard Cornwall. Frank was very relunctant to talk about his Liverpool past and did not go back or write.
    I have traced the father on the 1901 and 1911 census. We would like to know very much about Alice or any other siblings of Frank

Default 1911 directory Barbara Regan

Hi Mandy,

I'm looking for Barbara Regan in 1911 census and wondered if she's in the 1911 directory with an address? Probably Toxteth. Many thanks in advance!

Bernard

Hi All
    I have Liverpool directories for 1860, 1911 & 1938 if any one would like a lookup
    Mandy

Hi Bernard,
    I cannot see her on the 1911 census or the the 1911 directory, she is listed on the 1901 census.
    1901 census

Barbara Regan b 1836 Provision dealer own account b Ireland
    78, Warwick St
    Toxteth Park

Death
    1917 aged 80 yrs Dec Tox Park 8b 265

Regards
    Dot

Blog Entries

thanks for doing the look up Dot

my PC has broke down & at the moment I'm on a notebook with no disc drive so I can't so any look ups
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Thanks Mandy, i did,nt want to tread on your toes by looking them up but temptation got in the way and i could,nt resist.
    Dot

Blog Entries

Hi All
    Mandy
    G'day Mandy,
    Could you please look up for me the general store owned by Brooks in Smithdown Lane in 1938.
    Many thanks

Hi All
    Mandy
    Many - would you be able to lookup 60 Lower Harrington Street, Toxteth for 1860? I'm looking for a Kennedy family running a marine store and would be interest to know whether the Harrington Street address was the business or the home address.

Ian Cooper

Hi All
    Mandy
    Hi there, I'm interested in locating my grandfather who lived in Liverpool in the 1930's. His name was Harry Douglas Cooper (he may have gone by Henry too). He was an accountant I believe.

Thanks,

Ian Cooper

Hi Mandy,
    can you do a look up in your 1860 directory please, I would like to know if Henry Taylor, a green grocer was still living in 57 Copperas Hill, if not, who was there, I know he was there in 1851 and 1853, and I am trying to trace him after that.
    Thanks.
    billtaylor21@live.co.uk

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Hi All
    Mandy
    Hi Mandy,
    can you look up on your 1860 please, if Henry Taylor was still at 57 Copperas Hill, he was a greengrocer and was there in 1851 and 1853.
    Thanks
    Bill Taylor

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast