Thread: in search of the Peers family

Smile in search of the Peers family

Hi, I am trying to trace a family in the name of Peers - my nana's name was Lilian Askew (nee Peers) and she has just died this year in her 90th year. She used to work at the crawfords biscuit factory in Liverpool and once lived down in 36 Dodge Street with her mum and siblings. Her siblings were Walter and Mary (emigrated to America with her husband, surname Diamond) by her father and his first wife Amy Lynch then Lily's father remarried to a woman with the surname of Summers (Lily's mother called herself Mary but can't find any proof, but I have come up with a name like Bridget). However, Mary and lily's father had more children, Ellen (Nellie) (married Walter), Evelyn (married to a Stanley Lawson) and Tom. Lily's father's name was Thomas, and he was a painter and decorator / paperhanger and had died sometime in 1931 but I can't trace him either. Please can anyone help me, thank you.

Hi Danbi,
    Marraiges for Thomas Peers
    1) Thomas Peers & Amy Lynch March 1900 West Derby 8b 457
    2) Thomas Peers & Mary Summers March 1911 West Derby 8b 377

Regards
    Dot

poss childrens births

Ellen b 1913
    Thomas b 1915
    Evelyn b 1918
    Lilian b 1919

all Liverpool

Do you know what year Thomas was born , ? there are quite a few deaths for Thomas Peers

good luck
    Karen
    Karen

1901 Census gives
    22 Cowl St Everton
    Thomas Peers age 25 House painter
    Amy wife age 25
    Walter a baby only months old

Peers family here in Garston....if you make a connection ,let me know and I`ll put you in touch....allan

Hi Dot,
    Thanks ever so much for your kind help to give me the marriages of both Thomas Peers.

Regards
    Danbi

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Thanks for these childrens births, Lilian was my nana, and the other three were her sisters and brother plus my nana had an half sister and half brother from Thomas's first wife.

Thomas Peers had died when my nana was aged 12 years old, around 1931, poison from exhuming the paint smell, think he was born in the 1870s, but can't find him anywhere. Thanks.

I will need it, thank you
    Danbi

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Thanks for your help, yes, you are right, it was Thomas's first wife Amy Lynch with their first child.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Oh, I had no idea, thanks...i'd love to make contact with anyone who is related to our family tree, that would be really grateful, thanks...danbi

could this be a death for your Thomas ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deaths Mar 1932 (>99%)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peers Thomas 55 Liverpool 8b 245

love Karen
    Karen

i'm not sure, but I will take a look, thanks

wow, that's great news

love danbi

Default Hello Danbi. I am your Uncle Tom's Daughter

Quote Originally Posted by danbi11 View Post
    Hi, I am trying to trace a family in the name of Peers - my nana's name was Lilian Askew (nee Peers) and she has just died this year in her 90th year. She used to work at the crawfords biscuit factory in Liverpool and once lived down in 36 Dodge Street with her mum and siblings. Her siblings were Walter and Mary (emigrated to America with her husband, surname Diamond) by her father and his first wife Amy Lynch then Lily's father remarried to a woman with the surname of Summers (Lily's mother called herself Mary but can't find any proof, but I have come up with a name like Bridget). However, Mary and lily's father had more children, Ellen (Nellie) (married Walter), Evelyn (married to a Stanley Lawson) and Tom. Lily's father's name was Thomas, and he was a painter and decorator / paperhanger and had died sometime in 1931 but I can't trace him either. Please can anyone help me, thank you.

Hello Danbi, My Brother has just told me about this thread.

So sorry about Aunty Lil's death. She was an absolute sweetheart and such a character.

Who is your parent, Cas Shirley or Trevor?

I have some information inasmuch as Your Nans Mother was definitely Mary and my Sister was named after her. I remember being taken to visit her in Dodge Street when I was a child. Uncle Walter lived in the next street which was Wynne Street

You have given me some information that I did not know. I knew that Thomas was a Painter and Decorator but not his name.

I knew that Aunty May and Uncle Walter were step siblings, but I always assumed that they were Grans children from a previous marriage and not Thomas's. Uncle Walter had a Son called Eric as I recall. May's Husband was called Jack Diamond and they had three children. A girl called Mary and two boys. Theywill be a good age now

Hi, there, sorry to have been late in replying to you, have been very busy of late. Wow, my mum, will be pleased to hear of this, thanks for your reply. I am Cas's eldest daughter, Debbie, please to meet you. Thanks and yes, my nana was a lovely woman and it has been a year since she died and I truly miss her as I was her first grandchild.

Thanks, if you have some information for us, you will be a big help in our research on our family tree, thanks ever so much.

Oh, that's great news, glad to be of some help. Wow, my mum will be pleased, she has been trying to contact yourselves and I could not find you all either, it has made my day and it will make my mum's day too. She remembers her Aunty May giving her a beautiful dress from America when she was younger.

No, they are all definitely Thomas's children, two from his first marriage to Amy Lynch, she was pregnant with third child but she died and so did the baby girl called Amy. Then Thomas remarried for the second time to 'Mary' Summers. Yes, my mum told me that Uncle Walter had a son called Eric and May's husband is Jack, yes they did have three children and will be a lot older than my mum is...we are still trying to find them as my nana has her letters that she kept from her sister May, after all those years, it's so beautiful that they kept in touch with each other by letters.

Anyway I hope to hear from you again and thanks ever so much.

Debbie Burton