Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britain's Somalis

Somali mum who cheated Liverpool taxpayers of ?18,000 escapes jail sentence
    Sep 5 2009
    by Gary Stewart, Liverpool Echo

A SOMALI mother who cheated Liverpool taxpayers out of ?18,000 escaped jail because she has five young children.

Anab Hersi, 28, and her husband Muled Jama, 33, of Selwyn Street, Kirkdale, received housing and council tax benefits worth more than ?7,500 between March, 2005, and February, 2007, after they got back together following a separation and did not tell Liverpool council.

The pair admitted failing to notify, and allowing a failure to notify, a change of circumstances, while Hersi admitted receiving a further more than ?11,000 in income support.

Hersi, who spoke through an interpreter, fled Somalia in 2000.

Zia Chauhdry, defending, said: ?This is a young woman of previous good character who has seen and dealt with issues which the rest of us cannot hope to imagine.?

Liverpool crown court heard Hersi?s children are eight, seven, five, three and three months old.

Recorder Michael Chambers, QC, sentenced Jama to three months in prison on two counts of dishonesty yesterday, telling him, despite his employment record, he set a poor example to his community.

He gave Hersi a four- month jail sentence for each of her three offences and suspended it for a year, saying: ?She has been thoroughly dishonest for two years. In my view, she richly deserves to go to prison, but she has five children.?

Source: Liverpool Echo

Alot of the time when i used to get the bus, everytime there was loudmouths, it was Somalians! They are crazy, i remember one time going home from school and the somalis on the bus were getting on my nerves and when i got off the bus and they were still on, i flipped a finger at them so they got off at the next stop to chase me and thought i was being racist to them!

These people need education, they can get it while living in Britain and not their own warzone at least.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12