Thanks

Default 100 Northern People

The end of the world isn't like what is used to be
    Nowadays you're allowed to select a certain amount of people to save
    Who would you choose to save, and why?
    I will start the list off;

100 Northern people to save at The End of The World

ADVERTISING

1. A thatcher (thatching a roof is a dying skill in Merseyside. It's a very important to keep the skill alive, apparently)
    2. A Welsh speaking person (Welsh is an important language to Welsh people. They're already trying to keep this language alive)
    3. A pair of Herdwick Sheep (Herdwick sheep farmers in the Lake District are subsidised by government, even though their coarse wool is worth 0.05p per ton. They must be important, OK? And well worth saving)
    4. A Herdwick sheep farmer (see above) It's a real job, no less
    5. Middle-managment (nobody knows what they do;
    they earn twice as much, though. When laying staff off they're worth saving before a general worker)
    6. A toothless old woman who crafts things from corn (according to English Heritage, crafts of this sort are dying out and, worth saving)
    7. A rural village postmistress (despite the extortionate prices that a rural postmistress will charge you for a tin of beans 1.15 compared to a supermarkets ridiculously cheap 0.19p they're worth saving as they're the hub of the local community and never open when you most need one; saving you hundreds of s on your weekly shop. IPSO FACTO
    8. Dirk Benedict (I'm going to look pretty stupid otherwise)
    9. Madryn Street (you can't not save the birthplace of the Beatles best ever drummer. Beatles nostalgia and tourism is more important than ever, especially since there are no proper jobs in Merseyside. The Beatles and 9 Madryn Street is a good way to trick yuppie tourists to come to Liverpool; especially since Liverpool City Council has gone to the trouble of socially cleansing Liverpool to make their visit more pleasant.

Thanks

I'm confused here? you say the end of the world but you want to save a few people....isn't the end of the world just that ie the armageddon or am I missing something?

Emperor of the North Pole raycake's Avatar
    Thanks

You obviously haven't watched too much television. I, on the other hand, have first hand experience of films of this sort. The government get to choose the amount of people to save; it varies from film to film. I'm just guessing, so don't shoot the messenger that you're allowed to save one hundred, OK? Clearly the government would save Herdwick sheep, above other more interesting breeds. Why else would they be subsidised now? If I had my way, I would save scientists and stuff, like in the films. English Heritage for instance think that; saving toothless old women who craft stuff out of corn is more of a priority. These organisations aren't stupid you know? Liverpool City Council for instance knows exactly what it's doing.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

please move this thread to community news and chat forum
    thank you and OK?

Thanks

You obviously haven't watched too much television.
    Thats true,however no one gets a choice to save this or that because its the final battle between the christ and the anti-christ,we're already halfway there ie we have had WW1 and WWII now one part of the four part jigsaw is taking place ie Middle east conflict.

Emperor of the North Pole raycake's Avatar
    Thanks

What are you trying to say? Are you saying that rural post offices are going to die out, regardless? And, that no matter what happens, no Herdwick sheep will be saved either? I'm pretty sure that Herdwick sheep are hardy and will find a way onto a government spaceship, or secret bunker, somehow. This thread was an absolute wheeze until you showed up.

Thanks

I would save my Granny cos she gave me 7d to swim every saturday in Steble st as long as i didnt tell me da about the extra 3d to buy a toasted cheese sandwich in the washouse
    Last edited by essexscouse; 09-26-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: missed a bit