I am nervous about posting on this, my new site. I have to admit to posting on many Lancashire sites in the hope of breaking down my brickwall.

My great grandmother, Sarah Ellen Cahill born Williams disappeared without trace sometime after 1889. She had married James Thomas Cahill in 1887, had a child, Ellen in 1888 and been a godmother in 1889. Then we lost sight of the family.

This Cahill family does not appear in the 1891 census. This may be for a multitude of reasons: eg lost pages by the enumerator, a surname stuff up, though I have tried numerous variations, the family may have gone to Ireland "on vacation"!!, they were simply not counted!

Sarah Ellen disappears! James Cahill reappears in the 1901 census with daughter, Helen, (Ellen). He is supposed to be married to a Margaret in the 1901 census, but I have written evidence that this marriage did not take place until 1902.

How can this new site help me, ( and maintain my sanity ??)

Find the James Thomas Cahill & Sarah Ellen Cahill Family in the 1901 census.
Tell me what happened to Sarah Ellen Cahill after her disappearance.
She had one surviving brother, Benjamin Williams.

The obvious has been examined. There needs to be something new inserted into the investigation from a new source, hopefully here.
Another name of significance is Currie. I believe Sarah spent years with her aunt Sarah Currie after the death of her own mother.
Addresses pertinent are Ascot, Epsom & Towson Sts in the Everton area.

Finally, this is not an initial investigation. Many people have had an input. Without solving the two questions. I visited Liverpool last year from Australia and recently utilised a paid researcher.

To conclude: I was born in Curzon Road Waterloo Liverpool 22 in 1946. I grew up in Dean St Waterloo until 1955 when we sailed for Australia.
I am committed to finding Sarah Ellen Cahill, my great grandmother.

Thanks !
Alan