Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Proper Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Artie Fufkin View Post
    By the time the Ribbon of Life is finished half the street will be covered in gum and soda stains.
    Liverpool is actually one of the dirtiest first world cities I have ever visited. Admittedly, it is a lot cleaner than it once was but, the foregoing nothwithstanding, Liverpool, IMO, would be among the top twenty dirtiest major first world cities anywhere. I know that most cities have grot spots but, most cities have a clean central core. Liverpool downtown could win a vote as capital of litter in any election, in any place in the world.
    Help find Madeleine

Clearly you've not been to London, Paris or Barcelona recently. Litter its a global thing.

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    It is up to the people to try and look after this fair city of Liverpool. Should be easy enough to place a piece of used 'gum' in paper and put it in a bin.

For so many though it seems to be a dependency thing, why carry rubbish to a bin when you can drop it and a council worker will come and pick it up for you. Sadly thats the lazy attitude so many have.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    They used to do that. I worked for the Liverpool Corporation Cleansing Department in 1967 as a summer job in the old police building on Dale Street. There was a Mr. Gadd who was head of the department who was always fining people for littering.

Chris

Now and again they have a purge. A year or so ago they brought about 20 people to court for dropping cigarette stubbs

What always gets me is people in McDonlads drive though who just throw their rubbish out the car windows and drive off.Even when I'm sitting in a McD's I clear my table and bin it.If you throw it outside,it gets blown around and people complain that McDonalds themselves are littering the area.

For so many though it seems to be a dependency thing, why carry rubbish to a bin when you can drop it and a council worker will come and pick it up for you. Sadly thats the lazy attitude so many have.
    In My Opinion, it's more to do with Education!

I always told My Children to Imagine 'What the World Would Look Like' if All the litter just Mounted Up (never to be Cleared), We would All be Waddling through It (4Ft Deep) in a matter of Weeks (or in some places Days!).

So, they grew up placing their litter in Bins (or carrying it Home, If they could'nt find a Bin).

'Start at the Bottom & Work Up'

That last sentence of yours has me worried.

I am not going to carry my used toilet paper around with me until I get home if the public toilet isn't flushing properly.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Ged.

I meant Sweet Wrappers, Chippy Papers, Cans & etc!

I don't think Anyone would want to go as far as carring Used Bog Paper around withh them!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    In My Opinion, it's more to do with Education!

I always told My Children to Imagine 'What the World Would Look Like' if All the litter just Mounted Up (never to be Cleared), We would All be Waddling through It (4Ft Deep) in a matter of Weeks (or in some places Days!).

So, they grew up placing their litter in Bins (or carrying it Home, If they could'nt find a Bin).

'Start at the Bottom & Work Up'
    I always drilled it into my son not to drop litter.

When I turn out his pockets I always find his sweet wrappers - so obviously it worked. he will bring his litter home if he's not by a bin.

It does start at the bottom as you say.
    I often see mums throwing litter on the floor in front of their toddlers.

Hahahaha Ged! I don't think Pegasus meant it that way. I was always taught to carry my litter home or put it in a bin. It makes me dreadfully untidy now though . Well it makes my home dreadfully untidy. And my handbag.
    I wonder if he'll make me crawl. I wonder how far I might fall. I'm stuck beneath my skin I don't know who to blame for this mess I'm in. Involuntarily falling to my knees another victim of heart disease. Another Night without a dark tunnel, stay in bed so I can't be stolen. And everything revolves around the fear of my fate. Everyday a little closer to death.

I know, i'm only kidding.

I won't tolerate my kids throwing litter down and I frown at people who do it willy nilly. You can tell by the state of my car where my kids put all their litter but at least then I can throw it out on the floor when i'm in the car park - err no... only kidding again.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12