YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of Proper Maintenance

Thanks

Angry Lack of Proper Maintenance

There is one thing that really concerns me about this city more than most other things, the lack of maintenance and general scruffyness of quite large areas of the city.
    Things like bent and rusted railings, litter, rubbish paving, overgrown and muddy verges and general dirt are all too common in alot of areas. There seems to be a genuine lack of care when looking after areas outside the city centre with signs and railings etc just being thrown up. Things like railings are put up and left for years till they end up needing to be replaced again. There seems to be no effort or attention to detail by the council. It would be nice to see the council just going around sprucing areas up by planting trees, cleaning the pavements etc etc.
    Some areas a simply depressing to walk around and make you feel ashamed. I have contacted Warren Bradley and the Have Your Say team a couple of times regarding this issue and they have assured me that improvements are being made which I do agree with but we are still way behind other cities. I think too many people just accept it as the norm and its about time it stopped. People need to start tackling this issue as in the long run it will improve quality of life for alot of people and it will ensure Liverpool is sending out the right message to visitors.

ADVERTISING

theninesisters

Totally agree there - you only have to go down the cycle track to see what a mess it is - imagine if it was actually properly tarmacced, sign posts and area's in which you could picnic. When you get to the Halewood triangle, unless you know the area well, you wouldn't want to venture down the area towards Halewood Station.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It cetainly doesn't compare with the techniques of engineers and builders from our glorious past, is it a case of too many agencies too quick to pass on responsibility to someone else?

I can't complain having lived around plenty of derelict wastelands for most of my childhood.
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

I was doing a shoot the other day at 7am by Cream and a road cleaning machine came along with 2 people who were picking up litter. I guess you need it in that part of town but I was impressed that they were doing it.

Thanks

Round the town centre they do lots of cleaning in the early hours. Lots of it could easily be avoided. They should fine people for dropping litter.

Thanks

Its a shame to see how grubby Hope St looks already with blobs of chewy all over the new paving. People just don't care about their surroundings

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast