Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Dock

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Thats very sad Gerard, poor woman.

What are they planning to put in their place? and make sure they leave St Josephs door alone.
    A new housing estate I think Tony..St Joey's door will be next mate.
    I predict it will be gone along with the School within the next 3/4 years.

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    A new housing estate I think Tony..St Joey's door will be next mate.
    I predict it will be gone along with the School within the next 3/4 years.
    Sad if they take it.

Exclamation

To say that it won't have any effect on people in areas like Anfield isn't true. Developments like these bring people into the city who spend money which goes into the Liverpool economy, therefore creating more money that can be spent in areas like Anfield.
    It isn't like there's nothing going on in the outlying areas of the city. There is new housing for local people being built in places like norris green, kensington and toxteth which also include community centres and improved security like CCTV and better lighting. There are also massive projects such as the Great Homer St project in Everton and the complete transformation of Anfield and Breckfield. These will refurbish existing houses and build brand new homes. They will also create hundreds of jobs and improve the environment and facilities for local residents.
    Any news like this is great news for everyone in the city. It also helps to improve local peoples' opinoins of Liverpool and can create a sense of pride and confidence in our city.

Gnomie

Do you believe they will channel money into these areas? i doubt it will be much.

Rumour has it that LFC are footing the bill to improve areas of Anfield.

Will these people who live in Stanley dock ever visit these areas(apart from football)

Gnomie

Removed
    Last edited by Gnomie; 03-27-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    To say that it won't have any effect on people in areas like Anfield isn't true. Developments like these bring people into the city who spend money which goes into the Liverpool economy, therefore creating more money that can be spent in areas like Anfield.
    It isn't like there's nothing going on in the outlying areas of the city. There is new housing for local people being built in places like norris green, kensington and toxteth which also include community centres and improved security like CCTV and better lighting. There are also massive projects such as the Great Homer St project in Everton and the complete transformation of Anfield and Breckfield. These will refurbish existing houses and build brand new homes. They will also create hundreds of jobs and improve the environment and facilities for local residents.
    Any news like this is great news for everyone in the city. It also helps to improve local peoples' opinoins of Liverpool and can create a sense of pride and confidence in our city.

Wheres all the money gone that has been brought in to date since all these new Apartment Developments..
    Pumped back in to build more !!
    I'll tell ......... that,,I'm sure She will be made up.
    Last edited by Gerard; 03-27-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Gerard

Do you believe they will channel money into these areas? i doubt it will be much.

Will these people who live in Stanley dock ever visit these areas(apart from football)
    Quite right Tony..

LFC aren't funding any of the regeneration in Anfield. They are funding the stadium and imrovements to the park. The regeneration of the area around the park is being funded by the council, NWDA, EU funding and govt money.
    All this aside, getting private companies to fund regeneration isn't anything new. Cities all over the world have done this for years. This can be the best way of doing it, as private companies often have alot more money.

Gerard

LFC aren't funding any of the regeneration in Anfield. They are funding the stadium and imrovements to the park. The regeneration of the area around the park is being funded by the council, NWDA, EU funding and govt money.
    All this aside, getting private companies to fund regeneration isn't anything new. Cities all over the world have done this for years. This can be the best way of doing it, as private companies often have alot more money.
    How come no mention about the Lady I mentioned or what she has to put up with while all these New developments are going on around her for Money People !!

Gnomie

As i said Rumour has it about the LFC funding. still the rumour has stuck all the years the new ground has been on the agenda and nothing has been done in the area in all that time.

hmmmmmmmn

[QUOTE=Gnomie;47752]
    To say that it won't have any effect on people in areas like Anfield isn't true. QUOTE]

Hope the lady in Gerards post is reading this.
    It is impossible to please everyone. There are always going to be people who complain. The fact is, alot of lives have improved or are being improved by major projects outside the city centre.

Gerard

Dont know how you will reply but it took me to prompt you on it while your going on about how grand it be will when its all done..Shame on you.

As i said Rumour has it about the LFC funding. still the rumour has stuck all the years the new ground has been on the agenda and nothing has been done in the area in all that time.

hmmmmmmmn
    It was impossible to do anything until LFC finalised their plans and confirmed exactly what the plan was going to be. It would be pointless refurbishing empty houses only to find out that LFC wanted to demolish them.
    Some work has actually been done. Some of the 60's houses across the road from the stadium have been extensively refurbished.

Gnomie

Oakfield road up to breck road remains untouched, how big is the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Dont know how you will reply but it took me to prompt you on it while your going on about how grand it be will when its all done..Shame on you.
    Isn't that how this works? You talk about an issue, which leads to other issues being raised which you then talk about. If you look on the main Urban Developments page you will see a post that I placed called Outside City Centre, where I asked people to show images of projects outside the city centre and to talk about them.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast