Thread: turning the place over (cross keys house roof)

georgie t

Arrow turning the place over (cross keys house roof)

for a while i fancied doing a bit of rooftopping around liverpool and this place was the first one i done i met up with a few exploring buddies and we done this it was to be the start of many rooftops for me around the city

Described as “the most daring piece of public art ever commissioned in the UK”, it is seen as the jewel in the crown of the 2008 public art programme.

It was organised by the Culture Company and Liverpool Biennial, which was also responsible for bringing Antony Gormley’s “iron men” statues to Crosby beach.

Mr Wilson, one of Britain’s best-known sculptors, is renowned for drawing inspiration from the worlds of construction and engineering, and Turning The Place Over is no exception.

The cut-out, which measures eight metres across, rests on a rotator usually found in the shipping or nuclear industries.

The scene at Moorfields by Richard Wilson's 'Turning The Place Over' display

The Culture Company believes “this astonishing feat of engineering will stun audiences. Passers-by will have a thrilling experience as the building rotates above them”.

this former yates wine lodge was worth a little mooch (also called cross keys house)

a little close call near the top but we all got up without major incident to enjoy some good views...

a little vid of it in action (not mine just a random one from youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuFde...eature=related

Blog Entries

Great photos Georgie,

Cross Keys House is named after Cross Keys Public House, which can be seen on a 1848 OS map of the area.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Thanks for great photos. I like that last one ! - - it all looks very mysterious and exciting !

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Thanks for great photos. I like that last one ! - - it all looks very mysterious and exciting !
    Good pics, without a doubt.
    I agree with Lindylou there is an air of adventure about your entry into these forbidden places.