Thread: Nelson swing bridge and control room

georgie t

Arrow Nelson swing bridge and control room

another little gem me and kev found hidden at the back of the now derelict hanson aggregates we think its called nelson swing bridge although i could be wrong but it was a nice little mooch

Nice pictures brings back memories as ive actually swung that bridge in the past.
    It did use water to power the hydrolics

georgie t

Quote Originally Posted by Rambers View Post
    Nice pictures brings back memories as ive actually swung that bridge in the past.
    It did use water to power the hydrolics
    top stuff mate nice to here from someone who,s worked there

@ Georgie t
    Worked on the docks since i was 17. Started on the ports various craft ie floating cranes dredgers survey boats. I then moved to the docks and stages section as a gateman and currently working in the marine operations control room in seaforth as a Dockmaster,Gladstone and Langton locks are operated from here all by remote controll.Also done a bit of time in birkenhead docks as dockmaster.

georgie t

Quote Originally Posted by Rambers View Post
    @ Georgie t
    Worked on the docks since i was 17. Started on the ports various craft ie floating cranes dredgers survey boats. I then moved to the docks and stages section as a gateman and currently working in the marine operations control room in seaforth as a Dockmaster,Gladstone and Langton locks are operated from here all by remote controll.Also done a bit of time in birkenhead docks as dockmaster.
    spot on that mate its really good to finally spk to someone whos worked around the docks and surrounding areas

i had a walk along to bramley moore a while ago do you know what the dock wall tunnel is for

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...och&highlight=

Yea there called culverts, most of the dock quays have them running under them.They are mainly for electric cables water pipes ect.