Quote Originally Posted by customhouse View Post
Talking about Walton. Is the Herbal Shop still there. AS youngsters we always went there for a Pint of Sars. And a packet of Woodies.
They also sold Vimto as well as a load of other soft drinks straight from the porcelain barrels on the shelf behind the counter, The shop was in at the front of St Marys as I remember. There was another Milk Bar further down the road almost opposite the Hospital (Used to work there,the hospital), but it didn't have the character of the Herbal. I must agree with Walton not being what it was though. My wife and I were back in Liverpool in 2003 for the first time in twenty five years. We went to where I used to live (Sonning Rd off Richard Kelly Drive) and it looked like a slum. Houses looking decrepit and uncared for, some with windows boarded up,and worst of all. Not a tree to be seen. When we left it was a lovely road, the trees in summer would almost touch one another over the road making a tunnel, and the people that lived there took pride in the presentation of their homes....WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED???
Sorry lad! the Herbal Shop went when the Queens Drive Flyover was built! The Town Hall also went too!

Phil: Thanks for the link, wont be working on it tonight ( )as I am going out but will start working on Walton tomorrow.