Thread: Walton C.E.Infants school

Default Walton C.E.Infants school

I would be interested to know if there is a photo available of the infants school in Heathcote Rd at the end of the path from the Churchyard and if it is still used as a school.
    I attended this school in the 30's and then the Bedford Road " big" school which I heard was being closed.
    I have lost touch with most of my friends from those days having lived away from Liverpool for many years and being my age I don't suppose there are many still around now either.
    Dollydee

Hi Dollydee

The school in Heathcote Rd has now been demolished. The "big" school in Bedford Road merged a couple of years ago with Arnot Street, to become Arnot St Marys. The building in Bedford Rd is still there but not used as a school.

Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollydee View Post
    I would be interested to know if there is a photo available of the infants school in Heathcote Rd at the end of the path from the Churchyard and if it is still used as a school.
    I attended this school in the 30's and then the Bedford Road " big" school which I heard was being closed.
    I have lost touch with most of my friends from those days having lived away from Liverpool for many years and being my age I don't suppose there are many still around now either.
    Dollydee