View Poll Results: Should Liverpool build 'L.A.' type Skyscrapers?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 48.28%
  • No

15 51.72%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Liverpool build 'L.A.' type Skyscrapers?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoobarb View Post
    Then we could get a senior member of the council to sell them for us so they could build more middle class housing.

Brunswick tower would have been hideous and out of place. Nothing else round there like it. Plus it would have overlooked the naval base, would have thought that would be a big no no.
    The naval base is just an office. You are right, the car parks should be sold. Yes we need more quality housing around the waters with mixed leisure facilities, not working class tenements. The city is short of decent, attractive, spacious, quality accommodation in the city and docks.

The Brunswick Quay Tower was world-class. It would have attracted investment around it. The company, a local company the Matlan people, had plans to extend the project with rumours of excavating all or parts of Toxteth Dock.

The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

They shouldnt build any sky scrapers they all ready made a mess of the waterfront seen the kip of those buildings me 4 year old cousin could have designed them
    "If you don't move your head the othe guy will move it for you" - Cus D'Amato

What's the point if everywhere in the world begins to look like everywhere else? I really hope Liverpool does not get that homogenized look. The city deserves better.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IllmaticScouser View Post
    They shouldnt build any sky scrapers they all ready made a mess of the waterfront seen the kip of those buildings me 4 year old cousin could have designed them
    If you want a bland cityscape then go to Nottingham. Beetham West is superb. The talls have made the waterfront - before them the waterfront was bland. The Brunswick Quay Tower would have been brilliant: The city needs height!!!! It needs high density, vibrant districts.

What would New York be without the skyscrapers?
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Quote Originally Posted by IllmaticScouser View Post
    Agree. Its turning into a joke.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    What's the point if everywhere in the world begins to look like everywhere else? I really hope Liverpool does not get that homogenized look. The city deserves better.

Chris
    Im with you Chris. Sadly its already looking silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post

If you want a bland cityscape then go to Nottingham. Beetham West is superb. The talls have made the waterfront - before them the waterfront was bland. The Brunswick Quay Tower would have been brilliant: The city needs height!!!! It needs high density, vibrant districts.

What would New York be without the skyscrapers?
    That looks like somethin from Star Trek... how those architects are makin money i dont know look at the state of the new buildings on Liverpools waterfront i can imagine the blueprints to look like a little kids scribble they ruin the true architecture of the Liver Buildings, The Cunard Buildings and the likes

The skyscrapers in New York are horrible there is far better architecture to look at in New York e.g. The Post office and the libarary
    "If you don't move your head the othe guy will move it for you" - Cus D'Amato

Well Said

I agree with Waterways. The more kick ass buildings the better ! Why shouldn't we have some height and stunning architecture !??.
    We deserve it, we deserve to be a fantastic looking city - because we ARE a fantastic city.
    I love what has already been done. I am proud to show off photos of our new look waterfront - to people who have been away from Liverpool for a long time .. I can't wait for them to see what we have now and how fantastic we look. I for one am made up

Why would anyone not want this for our city ?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post

I like this very much.

Also, we should have had the Cloud - but perhaps in a different location to the original plan (as has been suggested before).

I love heights so much so of course I want the skyscrapers!

There are messes like the Echo building and Unity but thats what dynamite is for!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post

Why would anyone not want this for our city ?
    Because it looks shocking. Just coz somebody likes it dont mean we all do. I think it looks terrible.

I find it really exciting the way our waterfront is developing. It's fab and looks fantastic lit up at night. It's exciting to be down there seeing it close up. I hope all the exciting new stuff continues. Our youngsters are seeing a whole new era in our city emerging. I tell my son that the younger generation are seeing a new phase and future in Liverpool.

I dont like it. I go there and think " Urrrrrrrrgh " The 3 graces are being ruined by it all.

I shall tell my son I am sorry for letting them turn our city in Lego Land. Its gone beyond a Joke now.

What next? A Giant Wigwam?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast