Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Gay Pride 2010

Don't think the March was a Sex Festival, but if such a Festival does make it and it for Heteros, I will be first in the Que

Blog Entries

I was always surprized at the religious rejection of people who are gay.

Surely in the eyes of god all people are his creation, in his own image? A little bit of hypocracy there perhaps?

I wonder whether the church provided a float for all those gay priests hiding out there?
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Amigo View Post
    Don't think the March was a Sex Festival, but if such a Festival does make it and it for Heteros, I will be first in the Que
    Bring back the Roman Bacchus festival: wine, women, song...
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I was always surprized at the religious rejection of people who are gay.

Surely in the eyes of god all people are his creation, in his own image? A little bit of hypocracy there perhaps?

I wonder whether the church provided a float for all those gay priests hiding out there?
    I do not have time for any sad narrow minded person who says its wrong to be Gay because 'The Bible says so'. The same people who will then have sex outside Marriage, Master Bate and eat shell fish. Plus showing no compassion to sinners, which Jesus said is a must (Cast the First Stone).

I always say to these braindead cretins will burn in hell before any homosexual .

Blog Entries

The same people who will then have sex outside Marriage, Master Bate and eat shell fish.
    Nothing wrong with any of the above, except getting married. .

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Nothing wrong with any of the above, except getting married. .
    I remember when my Mother caught me doing one of the above i dived under the covers, cringed with embarrasment, i will never live it down.

Being caught eating Shell Fish is such a downer.

Blog Entries

Being caught eating Shell Fish is such a downer.
    Ha, I'd sooner she found my stash of gentleman's special interest literature.

I'm not getting into a discussion about Gay pride. I'm too tired after 2 days festivities for serious debate !

- - just posting this Youtube I found of the motorised trolly grannies
    these were the same ones that were at the Gay Pride festival - seems they were at the Pier Head too as well as Dale st. They were very entertaining

This is just a snippet of their act -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1s6bJP0Mg

A lone pink balloon is all that remains
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8070008.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	897.8 KB 
ID:	16797  

I can see the different arguments for,and against, specific groups celebrating things like their sexuality,but dont forget,they might also have different views!

Letters courtesy of the Liverpool Echo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img073.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	16803  

The Gay people I know think like Mr Blackwood. Even a very camp gay man I work with, lovely fella despite being a pervy s0d, like the majority men, hetereos including myself , told me to behave when I asked him did he go to the Pride. His words where 'why would I go down there just to watch men in dresses'??

The Gay people I know think like Mr Blackwood. Even a very camp gay man I work with, lovely fella despite being a pervy s0d, like the majority men, hetereos including myself , told me to behave when I asked him did he go to the Pride. His words where 'why would I go down there just to watch men in dresses'??
    That's what I mean,they're as different as anyone else! I always remember drinking in the "Bighouse"(in the early 70's) wondering why so many "Straight" guy's were in a pub, with such camp barmen.........then the penny dropped!

Ive no problem with homosexuals, Ive worked with a few gays, Ive also been in the company of people who have made no secret they are gay, i have found them very pleasant and ready for laugh and enjoyed there company . i would feel uncomfortable with anyone who dresses so blatantly camp. OK i realize its a carnival but if i was gay i would be concerned any more carnivals don't start getting over the top, if Liverpool's Gay pride started to look anything like San Francisco's parades i would feel very uncomfortable.

Well, it was just a great day.

(I've read lots of positive comments on other web-sites since, and not read one negative comment from anyone who attended).

It was a great day - great atmosphere, great entertainment - simple as that.

To anyone saying 'why would I want to go and watch men in dresses' - - well why wouldn't you ?? why wouldn't you want to have a great time with everyone else regardless of who or what you are. Who wouldn't want see the singers, comedy acts and listen to good music ? Why wouldn't you want to see lots bright colours to cheer you up on a sunny afternoon, and have loads of good laughs with the banter and comedy characters.

Stay at home and be miserable then I say !

There was every age from young kids to pensioners. Everyone was having a lovely afternoon. I'm just sorry we couldn't have stayed until the end - we didn't want to miss anything!

If the aim of the carnival was for everyone just to have a nice fun day then i am sure it was a success,if the aim of the carnival was to help gays to be more open and for non gays to accept them without prejudice i am not so sure,i can only speak for myself,theres a difference between being gay and dressing up in drag and it will always make me feel uncomfortable,sorry IMO does more harm than good

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast