Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Gay Pride 2010

wouldnt call it singled out, they want to celebrate and be accepted , good on them and i hope they all had a ball and i look forward to attending next years event 'p)

It was in town? ****! I thought it was in the fruit market on Edge Lane and wondered why no one showed up.

I guess I'm the only one with such a pathetic narrow-minded outlook but oh well, I'll live with the shame.

I'm looking forward to the Albanian, Fatties, Gingers and Catholic Priests Pride Marches next year

Blog Entries

It is a law of nature
    at home as on the veldt
    much that's fascinating
    takes place below the belt

Each and every powerful crew
    attracts their hangers-on
    each pride has it's hyenas too
    as each anagrammatist has loins

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    I guess I'm the only one with such a pathetic narrow-minded outlook but oh well, I'll live with the shame.

I'm looking forward to the Albanian, Fatties, Gingers and Catholic Priests Pride Marches next year

so am i

luv

the ginger fatty ;o)

Just take it 'tongue in cheek' like they do.

Is there no Gay Albanian Ginger Fatties???? They may have been there.

I think we should of stopped the Capital of Culture celebrattion, singling out Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Amigo View Post
    Is there no Gay Albanian Ginger Fatties???? They may have been there.

I think we should of stopped the Capital of Culture celebration, singling out Liverpool.
    Would have saved a bundle of cash too

Would have saved a bundle of cash too
    Local businesses would of made a packet though. Whole point of these events, bring tourists = Money to the City.

I would say the reasons behind Gay pride day go a lot deeper than we think .
    Remember it was once illegal to be homosexual , people were put into prison for it , gay sex was outlawed , people were banished from home and community , careers were ruined , lives destroyed , it was seen as a mental illness by some .
    Gay pride is not only a celebration , but also a reminder of how times have changed , people are no longer prepared to be percecuted for their sexuality , thus the very colourful parades they now have .
    I do seem remember the fella from 'Right said fred' attempt one in Russia though , and the police battered him . Not good . Brilliant pics Lindy .

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    I would say the reasons behind Gay pride day go a lot deeper than we think .
    Remember it was once illegal to be homosexual , people were put into prison for it , gay sex was outlawed , people were banished from home and community , careers were ruined , lives destroyed , it was seen as a mental illness by some .
    Gay pride is not only a celebration , but also a reminder of how times have changed , people are no longer prepared to be percecuted for their sexuality , thus the very colourful parades they now have .
    I do seem remember the fella from 'Right said fred' attempt one in Russia though , and the police battered him . Not good . Brilliant pics Lindy .
    Well, I am glad that society has moved on, and having gay friends it is good that they can mix, but even they say the over the top March is questionable whether its sending a postive message out. Do all homosexuals dress up like women and camp it up? Isn't the point that they can intergrate with everyone?

Try so hard to stop sterotypes then a March like this happens.

Sorry if I sound like a misery, and I'm sure everyone had a great day, but its hardly family fun entertainment.

Totally agree with ya, Kid.

It would make more sense to just have a sex pride festival where everyone can mix

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Amigo View Post
    Well, I am glad that society has moved on, and having gay friends it is good that they can mix, but even they say the over the top March is questionable whether its sending a postive message out. Do all homosexuals dress up like women and camp it up? Isn't the point that they can intergrate with everyone?

Try so hard to stop sterotypes then a March like this happens.

Sorry if I sound like a misery, and I'm sure everyone had a great day, but its hardly family fun entertainment.
    I don't expect that all gay men do camp it up and dress in women's clothing ! It's a celebration of Gayness , and freedom of expression for many .
    I suspect that more 'straight men' do that sort of thing in the confines of their bedroom .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast