Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Gay Pride 2010

Blog Entries

I missed it - what a drag!

Lindy, you seem to have taken rather a lot of photos of back passages.

Joking aside - I'm in favour and support the parade.

ha,ha, here's some men in dresses -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgFESZrO5k

I was just looking for Dickie Henderson for the other thread.

Men have always dressed up as women - still do ! How many times do you see daft fellahs dressed up at stag do's - - it seems guys will don a dress at the drop of a hat !

Blog Entries

Caw canny th' noo, ma Lanky pals
    tak care at what ye tilt
    mony the mon
    may ready don
    a dress just like the gals
    let no-one stray to make mention o' the ....

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    Caw canny th' noo, ma Lanky pals
    tak care at what ye tilt
    mony the mon
    may ready don
    a dress just like the gals
    let no-one stray to make mention o' the ....
    Yer wha'!

Check this one out at 1.12min
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Ha,ha, that's fantastic,John! Bet they'll think twice next time,the jerks!

Ha,ha, I'm made up they got what was coming to them !
    pity those drag guys didn't chase those morons to hell along the street - - they woulda' looked like right wuss's being chased off by someone in a skirt and stilettos !

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Ha,ha, I'm made up they got was coming to them !
    pity those drag guys didn't chase those morons to hell along the street - - they woulda' looked like right wuss's being chased off by someone in a skirt and stilettos !
    Imagine what they were saying to the coppers......"We've just been decked by some men with dresses on"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    I don't expect that all gay men do camp it up and dress in women's clothing ! It's a celebration of Gayness , and freedom of expression for many .
    I suspect that more 'straight men' do that sort of thing in the confines of their bedroom .
    Spot on, Debra, with BOTH your posts... It shouldn't have been necessary for you to have to point this out, but it seems it was... and you did it so well!

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    I don't expect that all gay men do camp it up and dress in women's clothing ! It's a celebration of Gayness , and freedom of expression for many .
    I suspect that more 'straight men' do that sort of thing in the confines of their bedroom .
    Sorry for late response, not realised this post before and not been on a few days but thought I had to reply to this.

I am very aware probably more Straight men are into dressing up a women, Eddie Izzard being a prime example, but do they have a March to show they are proud to be Straight?

Maybe a March could be arranged so they can be proud of their desires.

As I already stated, I have no objections to a March, I have no objections to this March which features stereotypical gay performers and revellers, if thats what people want to see and the partakers happy to provide, then in terms of entertainment, it is a success. If they are proud to be Gay, then fair enough. I agree they should not be ashamed and be allowed to be themselves, but is it sending a positive message that Gay people are just like any other person? I can't say it does as it only concentrates on the Stereotypes. Not saying anything is wrong with being extremely Camp tranny, just what about gays like Ian McKellen or John Barrowman? People accept them as actors and performers and know very well they are Gay, its not important.

Ive no idea how many men dress up in womans clothes ,i know i don't like the implication that a lot of men who have felt the march was sending the wrong message are doing the same thing themselves behind closed doors.
    its up to the people who march in these parades,if they want a fun day out,fine,i have absolutely no problem with anyone being homosexual,Ive also no problem with any man dressing up in public as a woman for a laugh, i do have a problem with any man straight or homosexual walking the streets dressed as a woman for a thrill, that makes me uncomfortable and i would walk away from any person who joined my company who i knew dressed as a woman for kicks.
    i am sure a lot of the gays on the march were just having a laugh and not dressing up for kicks but it does send the wrong message,

I'm losing the thread now !

I think people are looking too much into it

Some of the things mentioned wouldn't have entered my head.

It was just a great event. Hope it continues to be as good next time.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I'm losing the thread now !

I think people are looking too much into it

Some of the things mentioned wouldn't have entered my head.

It was just a great event. Hope it continues to be as good next time.
    I understand what you mean lindylou,i agree the day was all about having a good time, Ive still got no problem with that, but the parade drew a lot of publicity and was for a serious cause.Gay Pride. if the parades aim was also for the public to accept them for what they are,just decent normal people who just want to live life they way they want without prejudice then just consider what you wear on future parades and dont go to far.
    i hope they look at my views as feedback rather than objections to the parade.

I was part of the parade. I wasn't dressed as a woman and I'm not camp but I don't have a problem with women who dress as men or men who dress as women and no one else seemed to either apart from a handful of 'Christians' at the beginning. If people feel uncomfortable seeing other people in drag then maybe they might need to ask themselves what that's really about. Parades are always about dressing up so expect more of the same next year (and then some). If it's not for you or you have a problem with people being gay, trans, bi, etc, fair enough. Deal with it. One way of dealing with it is avoiding the parade. I don't think it's compulsory and the centre of Liverpool is more than big enough for everyone to enjoy themselves without seeking to spoil it for others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big where it matters View Post
    I was part of the parade. I wasn't dressed as a woman and I'm not camp but I don't have a problem with women who dress as men or men who dress as women and no one else seemed to either apart from a handful of 'Christians' at the beginning. If people feel uncomfortable seeing other people in drag then maybe they might need to ask themselves what that's really about. Parades are always about dressing up so expect more of the same next year (and then some). If it's not for you or you have a problem with people being gay, trans, bi, etc, fair enough. Deal with it. One way of dealing with it is avoiding the parade. I don't think it's compulsory and the centre of Liverpool is more than big enough for everyone to enjoy themselves without seeking to spoil it for others.
    Well said. Wallet?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast