Thread: A Warning

Blog Entries

Default A Warning

I did'nt know where to put this,it is something that is very important.

There is an Asian scam going on at the moment(this is not a joke0, they call you and ask you to confirm information that they have about you.They read out your bank details and ask you to verify that they are yours. They then say that they are working for the British Ministry of Justice who had contracted then to trace people who have ben overcharged by the banks. They give you a reference number and then tell you that they will ascertain what you are owed and call you back the following day.She finished by saying that they would charge 10 percent of any monies recovered.
    They rang again early on Saturday morning. I was asked for the reference number and was then told that I was owed £5,200.00p. She sid that I must go to the Post Office in Tamworth,she knew where it was ,I was told to get a moneygram for £520.00 and send it off immediately, They would ring me 2 hours later to confirm that the bulk of the capital had been transferred to my account I rang the police after that call and they said that they had never heard of anything like that, but gave me a crime number......just in case!. I then called into my bank and informed them of the scam. Again,like the police ,they were not unduly worried.
    I then returned home and called the Minisry Of Justice,they were closed ,so I left a message. I had a total of 18 calls from the scammers ,which I did not answer, and this morning,Monday, the Ministry of Justice called me. They said that they would never contract out any such work and would be putting out a warning to their heads of department.
    So take care out there,bad people want your hard earned money,It was all so plausible ,they even gave me a London number to call them back on, the people at the Justice Ministry said that it was the equivalent of a box number.
    BrianD

Blog Entries

I would add that if you have the number they are calling you from, or not, possibly the best thing to do as soon as you hang up is to call the operator and report the call.

Thanks Brian,,,,,Jesus these people will do anything to get your dosh

Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Blog Entries

The rumour of the Daley millions has certainly gotten around.

Blog Entries

Only because you started spreading them!!! You said you would'nt tell anyone,clack tale tit !!!
    BrianD

Blog Entries

Beware of thieves, rogues and Bank Staff

Some weeks ago I posted an item about nearly being scammed by a gang from Bombay ,who purported to be acting under instructions from the British Ministry of Justice. They were in possession of my bank details said they were contracted to recover any overcharging that had been made by the Banks. They frightened the hell out of me because they had everything bar my PIN code. I was supposed to wait for a call from them on the following day ,at 11.15. They would then tell me if I was owed money ,and, if that was so they would recover such money and would charge 10% of the sum owed . I would have to pay that up front. I hour after that call to confirm that I had sent a money order for that amount ;they would then BAC’s the balance into my account.. I did no such thing but, instead ,contacted my bank and gave them full information. They then cancelled my cards and were putting a watch on my account for any attempts to withdraw any monies. I also called the police ,who gave me a crime number and very little else. To their credit ,the Ministry of Justice called me back on the Monday and stated that this was a fraud ,they never acted through third parties,let alone through dubious Asian companies.
    On the 6th of September some body succeeded in debiting my account for the sum of £7,828-00p.
    I was horrified and contacted the bank immediately. They said that they were sorry for the inconvenience and assured me the money would be back in my account within 48 hours. That was the beginning of a very stressful period, 52 hours passed and I was still awaiting a return of my money. Apparently some Ba**ard hard bought a very hi-tech sound system with my new card from a company called Audio Design, a £7,828.00p system. The Lloyds Tsb investigation dept. told me that it was a close personal friend of mine who conducted the transaction, saying, he stated, ”Brian let’s me use his card to buy the big stuff.” I had a very robust conversation with the “so called” investigator ,pointing out that I had requested that my account be watched for any possible fraud . I had many phone conversations with the Recovery department and was told that it could take longer than they thought to get my money back to me. In the middle of last week one of the investigation department actually told me that it was usually the client that was guilty in such cases and that was when I blew up.. My wife took the phone off me and apologised to whoever it was I was talking too.Later on that same day ,the MD of Audio Design phoned me and told me that they were a mail order business and this deal was done over the phone.
    I rang the Banking Ombudsman and within a day I had a reply, within three days I had a manager from the recovery department of Lloyds TSB call me up and apologising for the crass behaviour of the investigators and, 24 hours later the full amount was returned to my account with interest too. There are some well mannered people out there, he was one of them. Please don’t dismiss this as another story, you could find yourself in the same situation,
    BrianD

It's frightening Brian, that it's so easy for these crooks to get all your bank details! I'm glad it all turned out OK for you. the thought of that happening is one very good reason why I wont buy anything on the internet, inconvenient though it may be. Cheers.

Blog Entries

Yesterday morning I recieved an e-mail from "Inland Revenue Department" saying they owed me £2.721
    I went onto google to "HMRC", the tax people, and they have an article about the scams. I sent the email to them to investigate.
    Apparently this one is from New Zealand, so it is obviously a world wide scam. Te Tari Taake

Glad to see you got your money back Brian. you can get me a few pints in next time I see you, you cant plead poverty now.

The Roger Phillips Radio Merseyside lunchtime phone-in is full of these scams - from someone telling you you've won competitions you haven't even entered, to some African prince wanting to deposit some millions in your account for which you'll be awarded 10% to firms claiming to want your old clothing for 3rd world charities but in fact they sell them on and are not registered at all.

Just one piece of easy advice. Money does not come to you so easily. If someone says they've got money for you, just ask them to send it, it shouldn't cost you anything to obtain it. Job done.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by brian daley View Post
    Beware of thieves, rogues and Bank Staff

Some weeks ago I posted an item about nearly being scammed by a gang from Bombay ,who purported to be acting under instructions from the British Ministry of Justice. They were in possession of my bank details said they were contracted to recover any overcharging that had been made by the Banks. They frightened the hell out of me because they had everything bar my PIN code. I was supposed to wait for a call from them on the following day ,at 11.15. They would then tell me if I was owed money ,and, if that was so they would recover such money and would charge 10% of the sum owed . I would have to pay that up front. I hour after that call to confirm that I had sent a money order for that amount ;they would then BAC’s the balance into my account.. I did no such thing but, instead ,contacted my bank and gave them full information. They then cancelled my cards and were putting a watch on my account for any attempts to withdraw any monies. I also called the police ,who gave me a crime number and very little else. To their credit ,the Ministry of Justice called me back on the Monday and stated that this was a fraud ,they never acted through third parties,let alone through dubious Asian companies.
    On the 6th of September some body succeeded in debiting my account for the sum of £7,828-00p.
    I was horrified and contacted the bank immediately. They said that they were sorry for the inconvenience and assured me the money would be back in my account within 48 hours. That was the beginning of a very stressful period, 52 hours passed and I was still awaiting a return of my money. Apparently some Ba**ard hard bought a very hi-tech sound system with my new card from a company called Audio Design, a £7,828.00p system. The Lloyds Tsb investigation dept. told me that it was a close personal friend of mine who conducted the transaction, saying, he stated, ”Brian let’s me use his card to buy the big stuff.” I had a very robust conversation with the “so called” investigator ,pointing out that I had requested that my account be watched for any possible fraud . I had many phone conversations with the Recovery department and was told that it could take longer than they thought to get my money back to me. In the middle of last week one of the investigation department actually told me that it was usually the client that was guilty in such cases and that was when I blew up.. My wife took the phone off me and apologised to whoever it was I was talking too.Later on that same day ,the MD of Audio Design phoned me and told me that they were a mail order business and this deal was done over the phone.
    I rang the Banking Ombudsman and within a day I had a reply, within three days I had a manager from the recovery department of Lloyds TSB call me up and apologising for the crass behaviour of the investigators and, 24 hours later the full amount was returned to my account with interest too. There are some well mannered people out there, he was one of them. Please don’t dismiss this as another story, you could find yourself in the same situation,
    BrianD
    Only just come across this post,Brian,and thought I'd bump it up, as a timely warning for all to beware,especially as the season of goodwill is nearly upon us!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    The Roger Phillips Radio Merseyside lunchtime phone-in is full of these scams - from someone telling you you've won competitions you haven't even entered, to some African prince wanting to deposit some millions in your account for which you'll be awarded 10% to firms claiming to want your old clothing for 3rd world charities but in fact they sell them on and are not registered at all.

Just one piece of easy advice. Money does not come to you so easily. If someone says they've got money for you, just ask them to send it, it shouldn't cost you anything to obtain it. Job done.
    I should be a multi millionaire with the amount of requests for this kinda crap.

Quote Originally Posted by brian daley View Post
    I did'nt know where to put this,it is something that is very important.

There is an Asian scam going on at the moment(this is not a joke0, they call you and ask you to confirm information that they have about you.They read out your bank details and ask you to verify that they are yours. They then say that they are working for the British Ministry of Justice who had contracted then to trace people who have ben overcharged by the banks. They give you a reference number and then tell you that they will ascertain what you are owed and call you back the following day.She finished by saying that they would charge 10 percent of any monies recovered.
    They rang again early on Saturday morning. I was asked for the reference number and was then told that I was owed £5,200.00p. She sid that I must go to the Post Office in Tamworth,she knew where it was ,I was told to get a moneygram for £520.00 and send it off immediately, They would ring me 2 hours later to confirm that the bulk of the capital had been transferred to my account I rang the police after that call and they said that they had never heard of anything like that, but gave me a crime number......just in case!. I then called into my bank and informed them of the scam. Again,like the police ,they were not unduly worried.
    I then returned home and called the Minisry Of Justice,they were closed ,so I left a message. I had a total of 18 calls from the scammers ,which I did not answer, and this morning,Monday, the Ministry of Justice called me. They said that they would never contract out any such work and would be putting out a warning to their heads of department.
    So take care out there,bad people want your hard earned money,It was all so plausible ,they even gave me a London number to call them back on, the people at the Justice Ministry said that it was the equivalent of a box number.
    BrianD
    How about what happened to me, ANOTHER ASIAN scam to be aware of....

I was asked, in a Sainsbury's acr park did I want my car washing by 2 scantily clad asian babes, sorry ladies
    When they'd finished they were soaked and asked for a lift to Tesco's
    As I was passing that way I said OK

Next thing you know they are distracting me by smooching away in the back seat
    and when I say smooching, I mean heavy petting !

Anyway, once I'd dropped them off, I notice they had had it away with my Wallet

This happened to me a week, last Monday, Tuesday, twice on Wednesday, Friday and again twice on Saturday

Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5