Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Records office look ups

They are moving it to another place so access will still be available, don't know where... yet...
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenkethPedant View Post
    The Central Library will be closed for a couple of years: does this mean the Records Office will be inaccessible during that time, and if so, is there any alternative provided?
    Hi
    paper records will not be available, those on film should be OK

Steve

Microfilm/fishe being moved next door to the Museum.

Search room photos being moved to a unit at Wellington Employment Park, Sandhills Lane. 24 hours notice of visit required.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

hi, i could use your help. I'm trying to find out if 38 grey road,liverpool, was a private residence or other. If private, who were the residents in 1967-68.
    thanks for your help.

Gnomie - Thanks very much for the link I have been on & posted some details fingers crossed someone can help. Any tips on find out more on the family tree very much appreciated. I have been lucky enough to have quite a few birth/death & Marriage certs to help but still hard going & a bit stuck now not really knowing how to look further back in time !

Thanks again x
    (your likely to hear from me in the future in my hours of dispair !!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gweno86 View Post
    Gnomie - Thanks very much for the link I have been on & posted some details fingers crossed someone can help. Any tips on find out more on the family tree very much appreciated. I have been lucky enough to have quite a few birth/death & Marriage certs to help but still hard going & a bit stuck now not really knowing how to look further back in time !

Thanks again x
    (your likely to hear from me in the future in my hours of dispair !!)
    Already I have had some amazing details of my family & advice on how to investigate other issues - HIGHLY RECOMMEND MERSEYSIDE GENEALOGY !!!

Hi

I am looking for the marriage of George Phillips b: 1866 Swansea, Wales, to Elizabeth Webster b:1876 Salford area, according to the 1911 census they had been married for 14 years which puts it at about 1897.

I have checked all the online BMD's but still have not been able to find them. Our family knows very little. Their first two children were born in the Salford area, they then moved to Bridgewater street Liverpool (1911 Census) then by 1915 they were living at 47 Kitchen street liverpool. We do not know the names of either George or Elizabeths parents, thus why we need the marriage cert.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Kindest regards
    Joanne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geniesearcher View Post
    I am looking for the marriage of George Phillips b: 1866 Swansea, Wales, to Elizabeth Webster b:1876 Salford area, according to the 1911 census they had been married for 14 years which puts it at about 1897.

I have checked all the online BMD's but still have not been able to find them.
    Hi Joanne, as you say Salford is your best bet for marriages. I've just looked into The Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers, who recommend the following:

Salford Area.

Christ Church - 1831-1963 [deposited registers].
    St. Philip - 1813-1935
    St. Stephen - 1794-1956
    Sacred Trinity - 1709- 1887

All are held at Manchester Archives and Local Studies, Central Library, St Peter's Square, Manchester.

If you've been looking online using only IGI [LDS] the latest record for any of the churches listed here is 1865.

Manchester library should have the target years you're looking for.

I hope that helps?
    Daz
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."... ... ... Mark Twain.

Hi there to all,

I have be tracing my family tree, and I was wondering if I could see Liverpool's 1911 census?

I belong to Ancestry's.com & UK, and I have found some factors of my family's. But still need further help with this wonderful information!!

If anyone knows any information I would be so pleased to hear from you.

Her mother was called Mary Campbell, her husband Edward Whittaker. I found info 1901 census they lived at 1 Bidden St Liverpool

My mother name maiden name was Whittaker Elizabeth B: 19 Oct 1919. During the war:- I think my mum use to work in Crawford s & Tate and (Lynes) sugar factory, worked in an armory doing the bullets etc.

Some of my Mum's sister's and brother's can not recall all there names:- Mary use to work at St Johns Market and I think her married name was Smithwick I think she had 4 children one daughter called Marie and Richard.

Alfie, Johnny?, Sarah who died young?, Rosa worked at the Odean, Peggy

My father name was Alan Guthrie Lawson B: 20 July 1919 in Birkenhead. They got married in 1942. I am unable to recall what my father did during the war days! They had four children:

Alan B 1945 - Richard B 1947 - Margaret (Me) B 1948 - Sandra B 1951

They had a big family and which I do not have all the facts yet. But I am trying to trace my Peggy Born in Liverpool, and William Radcliffe Born in Isle Of Man, and they lived there too. He worked on the Trams in Laxey, and I think Peggy worked in the shop at the Lacey wheel.

My fathers:-
    His mother and father was called Robert Lawson and his wife my gran Margaret Elizabeth Jarman M: 1918. They only had one Son. My husband died young? she was a widower for a long time. She use to work at the Liver building doing the Taxes?

I look forward in hearing from you with any news you may have

Best regards

Maggie Russell (Lawson)

Speaking of office record look up, was great to recall all the photos, activities and all the programs we have. But believe sometime hurting to my part because you still remember the memories and when you boss depressed with your work. But yeahh, it's really funny. So what i did i put that in my desktop all the office record that i have and thank to this site, that my file have been protected. www.paretologic.com.

Hi,

I am new to the site being introduced to it via a book by Mike Royden (Tracing your Liverpool Ancesters). I have been researching my family tree using Ancestry & Find my Past for about a year now and have uncovered quite a lot of information about the family as well as finding distant relatives in Australia and Canada as well as links with Belgium which is why I write.

I saw that you offered to look up records at the records office in Liverpool - I am sorry I can't return the favour as I now live in Norfolk having moved here over 20 years ago from Liverpool, and my visits "home" now are few. So I understand if you cant help me but just in case...

We have the name Vanduyfhuys in our family a most unusual name I feel for Liverpool - anyway here is what I think we now know:

George Charles Vanduyfhuys born 1830 (we think in Belgium) married a Frances Watson Wilson 4 Sept 1853 occupation given as Mariner. I have a copy of the marriage certificate that confirms these details. George then dies (we think) as I find a record of his death in the Toxteth Park Cemetery age 27 years, records show that he was a ships steward and he died in the Southern hospital. Would be great if this could be confirmed and also any other information relating to his death next of kin, cause ofd death etc.. It would appear that 2 children were born George Charles 1854 (however spelling of surname is Vanduyphays) and a another boy Charles Vanduyfhuys in 1857 - there is also a death entry in 1857 for a Charles Vanduyfhuys. Again any information regarding death details would be great.
    After the fathers death things are a little vaugue - I have what I think are 2 entries for Frances - however with the strange spelling of her name I feel it has been spelt in so many ways on the 1861 census I do find her with her lst son in Toxteth but name is Van Davis, I then find her again in Toxteth with son and this time name is Van Davies. After that I can find no records of either Frances or her son and I assume she may have remarried or died. As for her son I think he must have adopted the name Davis and and is therefore quite impossible to trace. The link in the family also includes a daughter of Frances who married into what I think was a prominent family the Barton Redfern's - Sailmakers. Emma Elizabeth states her name as Vandives on her marriage certificare and the name of her father links with above. However Emma always stated she was born in 1850 so this would have been prior to her mothers marriage. I assumed therefore she was maybe not the daughter of who she thinks was her father. For the record I can find no trace of a Emma Elizabeth Vanduyfhuys on record so the search for that one goes on....
    I do hope if you have time you will be able to fill some of the gaps - please let me know if you need any further information. Many thanks.

Georges death certificate may hold some clues as to who was present. Surname spelling differentials come up all the time on census records as names could be written down as they were heard if the person was not literate and had to verbally tell the recorder.

Hi Ged,
    Yes came across the name spelling quite a lot as we have a few "strange" names to deal with in the family but it does make things more interesting. Hoping that inforamtion from the death cert will help me move over the brick wall. Thanks for reply.

Spent another 3 hours this morning in the temporary archives building of the LRO getting another 316 photos from largely unseen files, some of which I will post up. They were mainly for people who have asked me via my site on email and on other forums. They include interior shots of the Customs House air raid damage as well as churches and street scenes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I now have a complete list of the hundreds of street files available to view at the LRO so if anyone is after a particular street just let me know but I do have my next two visits boxes off already so it'll be some time in April for any new batch.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast