Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Schofield stage play...

Brilliant first post, missingyou2.

Since u gave us the title I found it mentioned in this article in the echo

I am so pleased to hear missingyou2 let me know that the play was called 'Cavern Of Dreams' and that they (He/she) still has the original floppy disc too! My God, just remembering the name again brings back so many memories of such a fantastic performance that I had to see it three times - could even have been FOUR, now that I think back - and it really takes me back to my youthful teens.

Oh, BTW, Kevin... Andrew Schofield is an accomplished actor who is responsible for many years of happy memories harking back to him playing Franny Scully. Scully and Mooey! What a team... Lol! Am chuffed to bits having just landed myself a copy of the DVD of the series on Friday and am looking forward to getting tore into it - once I've finished watching Yosser and the gang in 'Boys From The Black Stuff' box-set, which I bought on Thursday.

Being a Jock - and a Proud one at that! - and brought up a Scouser from the age of 4, humour has always been around me. Glaswegian humour (for Glasgow is my home town) is superb [you only have to watch Rab C Nesbitt to agree - unless you need subtitles or a translator. Without teletext 888, you're buggered!] is pure magic to me. But Scouse humour is in a class of its own. I love it! And I'm hoping to sample more of it when I'm back in Liverpool for the Europa League game against Rabotnicki with my youngest son this Thursday?!

Get the kettle on, Ma!!!
    Cheers,

alba

Alba gu bràth!

If you think your head is mashed, you wanna try being inside my head?!

Blog Entries

All's well that ends well. Is another stage-play.

Blog Entries

Always hated Scully. Thought it glorified too many negative aspects of being a scouser. I think that was probably the start of my dislike of Schofield - reinforced later when he played some pretty unpleasant scouse roles.
    But hey - he's an actor playing a part. A good actor if he's managed to get under my skin.

was in the liverpool on thursday night watching council depot blues with mr schofield in it, what a great night it was to. maybe could send a copy of the floppy to you, cheers barry

Saw that play a cpl of years ago. As with all the others, it's a typical Scouse play but was really funny.

It's really nice to see some of the actors we've seen on the telly doing the players at the Royal court

Quote Originally Posted by missingyou2 View Post
    was in the liverpool on thursday night watching council depot blues with mr schofield in it, what a great night it was to. maybe could send a copy of the floppy to you, cheers barry
    Cheers, Barry. If you COULD get a copy made for me, I'd REALLY appreciate it, mate. Please PM me and we can arrange things then. All the best and C'mon the Reds on Thursday!

Cheers,

alba

Alba gu bràth!

Quote Originally Posted by missingyou2 View Post
    Am off to see the play tonight,nearly booked up which is a good sign.

Great night out and very funny play,loved the music and the cast was excellent,i will definitely see the play again in the future,

Check out the others they do too, the ones I've seen hve all been pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    Check out the others they do too, the ones I've seen hve all been pretty good
    yeah i agree ,i used to go mostly to the Playhouse but i hardly ever saw anything that l fancied watching, so started going to Royal Court last year and every play has been very good.

Am so delighted to say that I got home from my Europa League trip to Anfield this morning to find a copy of the 7" floppy single had been burned to CD and was waiting for me. Hard to believe the play was 26 years ago and that a floppy single had survived all that time.
    I got goosebumps listening to it as it played and took me back to my teens. Magic - pure magic! Thank you so much for sending this to me. I really appreciate that you did. Ta very much!
    Cheers,

alba

Alba gu bràth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12