Can anyone please help me to remember a play in which Andrew Schofield starred in and that run in Liverpool Playhouse, Williamson Square, Liverpool, many, many years ago. Can't remember the name of the play, but do remember he sang an excellent cover version of The Crying Shames' superb hit, "Please Stay."
It's been bugging me for many years, as I really want to try to track down Schofield's version of this song which was recorded on a black 'floppy' 7" single that accompanied the play's programme. Unfortunately, this was lost to me yonks and yonks ago and I'd dearly love to be able to get another copy of it, if at all possible??
I recall going to see the play 3 times as Schofield was absolutely phenominal - proving that his previous role on TV as Franny Scully was not a one-off fluke.
If anyone can help - particularly in trying to get hold of the song by Andrew, then I would be eternally greatful.
BTW - have just ordered the excellent 'Scully' DVD from His Master's Voice store online for the pricely sum of £7.99 and can't wait for it to arrive any day now, along with the box set of 'Boys from The Black Stuff' from the same outlet and same price. Takes me back to my youth in the 'Pool!