Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Liverpool

Default Our Liverpool

Something me and friends were talking about in work the other day.

What would you move / change / add / remove or like to see more of in Liverpool?

* is there something that annoys you and you want it gone forever
    * something you think the city needs for locals and tourists alike
    * new attractions opened or old ones shut down / revamped

let your mind go wild and ideas flow, i'm sure not everyone will agree and maybe they can add to your idea.

we won't be able to make them reality (unless the council, tourist board or very rich person is reading the posts ) but it would be nice to just dream about it.

look forward to any and all ideas.

Don't dream it ... be it !

Blog Entries

A single stadium for Blues & Reds and a rejoicing in each others exploits, apart from Derby games.

Suspect we could have meetings in support of this in a phone box, with plenty of room for someone wanting to make a call.
    ;-)

Rid the place of ollers and get some decent housing built, the city centre/touristy/retail bits have been done now - proper homes for the people. Incidental to this would be the clearing up and making good the main arterial routes into the city. Sack whoever it is allowing cobbles to be replaced with cheap tarmac in historic areas. How's that for starters.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

i think the one stadium is a perfect idea, larger seating, but you would have to have 3 ways in and out. red, blue and visitors hehe
    yes housing is a must, there is alot of 'shopping areas' now and more planned in future, so places for workers and families to stay, just outside the city center but in walking distance.
    i think the area infront of the museum should be put back to how it was originally, should stop people parking infront and have a car park nearby for visitors. i'm going the museum tomorrow so i will have a good look at the damage these fools have done to a classic british (historical) site.
    Don't dream it ... be it !

I would like to see a Greyhound stadium , its been a very long time since Liverpool had a dog track and maybe any new football stadium could also use the stadium for racing, i remember the old white city track and it was great to meet up with friends and family early on a Saturday night at the dogs, we all had a good night and after the races the younger ones finished up down town and older crowd went the pub.
    seems every major city in the country has a Greyhound stadium bar Liverpool, i am sure any decent stadium would be a success.

Get the roadworks sorted. One month it's water, then next it's gas and so on..........and get the work done quick. St Oswalds Street has been dug up down one side two weeks ago, and I've not seen one person working since!

I agree with Ged, get housing sorted in the surburbs - the town centre has had enought done.

Don't agree with the shared football stadium no way!

Was sort of talking about this yesterday. After my recent trip to Toulouse, a few things I saw that were really cool and would be nice here (but would never happen) were:

• A park for kids that had fun badminton courts set up, a big sand pit and huts that had activities going on in them. Also, friendly security on both entrances to the park.
    • Rental Bicycles lined up along some of the roads were u put ur money in the slot and then ride them along to another of the docking points
    • a proper square with cafe's all around with outside seating (covered with awnings)
    • oh and most importantly polite, friendly ppl living here.
    And I agree with the footy stadium idea, but since I've always thought the prices were total robbery (even as a kid) then it don't really effect me

Would the echo arena be big enough to be a dog track some of the time ?

I have been ranting on about the state of William Brown St for ages, whoever had the contract for that job should be made to come back and redo the entire Street and do it properly.
    I would also make the entire council walk up and down the Street in their bare feet, until the penny dropped that people are not going to put up with inferior workmanship any longer.

BTW, I would let the female councilors wear shoes, providing they were high heels!

I’m ranting on again!

Quote Originally Posted by Malc-Downing View Post
    Something me and friends were talking about in work the other day.

What would you move / change / add / remove or like to see more of in Liverpool?

* is there something that annoys you and you want it gone forever

we won't be able to make them reality (unless the council, tourist board or very rich person is reading the posts )
    EFC

I'd like to see the end of chewing gum on the pavements. Especially in newly refurbished areas like our town centre.
    Also, litter which looks awful around most places in Liverpool.
    General grubbiness. I have noticed that the new flag stones in Church st look really grotty on a Monday morning, covered in alkinds of muck - after the weekend revellers I suppose. What's the point of having a smart newly refurbished shopping centre if the grubby floors spoil the look of it.

We couldn't be without EFC. It would be like Holmes without Moriarty... Guess what I'm watching ?

Blog Entries

1. Finish off the docks to make the place like Amsterdam - vibrant and world beating.

2. Extend Merseyrail into a proper metro, using the tunnels and disused rail tracks, serving the centre, north and south end docks and inner-cities

The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

In reply to Trips suggestion: ' Tis total cruelty to animals.. Greyhound racing should be banned..

How about men just running the track???

Knock Lego land down.

Fix up the old buildings and stop knocking them down.

Fix the Carnegie Library on Lister drive instead of letting such a great building rot.

All have a whip round and move me to Spain
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast