Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottie Road Area

Gerard

Well said chaps..Alexie who..that posh boy tryin' to be all Eh Lar blah blah blah..A has been Joke who's only doing it for the few quid..
    A Scottie Documentary with him fronting it..now that really will be one for the Archives..

Take Note producers from people who really care about Scottie Rd..
    GET SHUT of that balloon and get someone in Like Ged Fagan mentions who grew up in the area and knows the History like the back of their hand..

Im talking about someone to present the show and Interview people he Knows..and will get the best out of Scottie Roaders and make you a Documentery second to none.
    And he's right here on Yo....GED FAGAN...Get him to front your Scotland Road Documentery..do it..If you want to see the real Scottie Rd that is..

Want one thats gonna be a Laughing stock..then get that Phoney Sayle in.

Its not reaaaaaaaaally about Scotland Road though is it..
    Its all about getting a no mark C list name presenter so people will watch your Show..
    One who knows as much about Scottie Rd as I know about The north face of Everest...Which is not much I can tell yer.
    Last edited by Gerard; 06-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Gerard but I don't think i'm old enough to do it justice there's better people than me and having moved away i'd feel like a phoney anyway. Give Joe a knock, he'll rattle all the alehouses off ha ha.

These people must have an agent and they lap it up when the BBC et al are looking for someone to front a show.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

Ged and Gerard i have aked you both about the area in the past when i was trying to learn about where my family lived. I was really interested in the replies you gave. you both gave me a good insite into the area and helped me understand where things where. i can know walk around the area knowing what was there. I could have sat in Gerards all day listening to him talk about Comus street

I think you both could do it.

Thanks Tony. You wanna hear him when he's sober.

Gnomie

He was, and very interesting too.

serious though you two should think about it.

Gerard

Ta Tony Lad..anytime mate..
    Did you get that PM Tone I sent yer last night about Limekiln Lane ??

Now eh Ged..you make sure you bring yer bib and straw with yer when we go out for this bevvie..
    Dont worry Lad..I'll get yer on the bus when yer've took the hickory dickory dock after 4 pints....
    Tell yer Mrs yer'll be home for half 8 bladdered .

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Ta Tony Lad..anytime mate..
    Did you get that PM Tone I sent yer last night about Limekiln Lane ??

Yep got it mate. Sue says thanks for the info. she knows where she is going now.

cheers mucka

Tony

Oh no, not the Lee Jones league of welldoers, you not knocking on that old are yer Tony?

Lime street of course was the original Limekiln lane and due to the smells from the kilns, the doctors at the nearby infirmary - site now of the St. George's Hall complained and so the kilns were moved to a site adjacent to St. Martins in the field and renamed limekiln lane. Lime streets name was then shortened.

chippie

Default Presenting the best capital of culture show in the world.

Now then Gedrick, that was a bit of information that I didn,t know about. I,ll be telling my nearest and dearest all about it later. They think I,m quite knowledgeable with these facts on Liverpool.

Only for this site I,d be an arl ar*****

Seriously, instead of doing a petition on Bjork, I should be doing one to get the two gees presenting the Capital Of Culture Show.

In the red corner, bladdered is Gerard. In the blue corner only halfway bladdered is Gedrick .

Good on yer you two.

Thanks Chippie but i'm tellin' yer, Gerard won't be happy with that slur, him being bladdered before me.

chippie

Ay well he,d been drinking in that pub in School Lanr before he met up with you see, The Post Office it was. Saw him through the winder singing Maggie May.

Are you sure he was 'Singing' Maggie May?

Thank you Gerard for your lovely photos. I must say though I feel very sad after looking at them.It was almost as though I had never lived there as it all looks so different and I only recognised a few places. St Anthonys, and a few in town. I lived on Great Homer St but had no idea that, that was what I was looking at, what part of Great Homer street is it and which way are we looking? I left Liverpool 31 Years ago but have been back 5 times, the last visit was 4 years ago.
    You put a lot of effort into your posts and your photos and make it very interesting reading and viewing, thank you.

chippie

Well Ged, he did have his boiler suit over the chair in the corner????????

chippie

Ozziebabs, I second that. There are some smashing people on here who would go out of their way to help uou out with information and photographs. Then there are the people like me!!!!!!!!!

Nice sentiments for those that deserve them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast