Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
a few weeks after we moved in , we had numerous visits from council officials , saying they had had reports from people about the sand leaving a stain on the road , not the pavement the road , we got in a road tarmac firm to re-tarmac and cover the small sand stain . Then we had more , they wanted to see my planing permission , for inside and out .. We met all of their requirements ..
My daughter was born in Formby Street , in 1997 , not one person asked me what i had had , not ONE person let on to me .. Furthermore , a young Mum had passed away , she lived a few doors down , nobody said a word , a friggin year later i found out by accident ! That street is full of tuppence ha'penny toffs with dirty nets .. Don't talk to me about bleedin Formby .........

AND they are carrying on with each others husbands .. Phoney lot all of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can quite believe all of this Debra. I can just imagine the petty fuss about the mark on the road ! ( Gawd blimey, they'd die if they had the environmental probs we have to endure in Anfield !!)
I can quite believe that no one acknowledged your new baby. I know the type of people you mean - they don't fraternise with neighbours.

I would imagine there are a few other 'posh' places like this too. although we admire some of the affluent leafy suburbs, the people don't give you the time of day.

.. and yes - half of them are carrying on behind the net curtains with each others husbands ! ha!