Thread: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Default PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Hello everybody,
    I am looking for my dad,he left my mum when she was pregnant with me and I've never seen or even heard from him.All I know about him is that his name is Terry Hughes and he was from the Anfield area,he had a daughter who's name is Lindsay.I am no longer in contact with my Mum so I am unable to find out any more info about him.I don't really know where to start looking for him myself so any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Carley

Hi Carley, welcome to Yo, maybe the way to approach this search would be to contact other family members, maybe to look in the local electoral register for the person or possible members of his family.
    Approaches need to done sensitively as there are a number of factors to take into consideration, he might be remarried with new family who might not know about you, he might not be alive or that the possible response you hope for might not happen.
    You need to be ready for any of those outcomes.
    Questions for you to think about, why are you searching and what do you hope will be the outcome?
    What happens if it does not go the way you hope?

I have worked with young people looking for absent parents or adopted young people looking for birth parents, that why I am asking the question for you to think about, not to answer on the forum.
    Hope this helps
    John
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Hi john,
    Thanks for your reply,I am prepared for all outcomes,I have had 22years to deliberate over whether this is what I want,I will never know if I don't try!!

The info I have is all that family members have given me,how would I go about searching the electoral role?

Thanks again

Carley

Quote Originally Posted by Carley View Post
    Hi john,
    Thanks for your reply,I am prepared for all outcomes,I have had 22years to deliberate over whether this is what I want,I will never know if I don't try!!

The info I have is all that family members have given me,how would I go about searching the electoral role?

Thanks again

Carley
    Hi Carley,
    try www.192.com - I know they have a searcahble electoral role there

good luck

I just checked out 192, not sure you have to pay to get results, found this though

TERRY HUGHES
    20 HOLMWOOD AVENUE
    WIRRAL
    MERSEYSIDE
    CH611AX