Thread: People's Stories: Liverpool Lives - Night's Out

Default People's Stories: Liverpool Lives - Night's Out

Hi Folks

We at Hurricane Films are running a reminiscence project and are looking for your stories and tales of nights out in Liverpool. Our project aims to collect stories of Liverpool night life from the 1940s to the present day and we're want an array of different tales.

Please get involved...

Hurrricane Films
    0151 707 9700
    info@hurricanefilms.co.uk

Im not giving up my secrets.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Im not giving up my secrets.
    I'll tell them then "Ducky"
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Quote Originally Posted by hmtmaj View Post
    I'll tell them then "Ducky"
    Oh No
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Town, drink too much, club closes 2pm, Chinatown: meal............taxi home, up 3 hours later for work! I wish I was young again then I could go straight to work, because everywheres open til like 5pm I would have loved that in my 20s.

Hurricane I will tell you everything....... I went out at 7pm on the 16th December 1972 had a few drinks in the big house............................................. .... woke up on the 14th of June 1983 married and in Essex hope this is enough for your blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by essexscouse View Post
    Hurricane I will tell you everything....... I went out at 7pm on the 16th December 1972 had a few drinks in the big house............................................. .... woke up on the 14th of June 1983 married and in Essex hope this is enough for your blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    Town, drink too much, club closes 2pm, Chinatown: meal............taxi home, up 3 hours later for work! I wish I was young again then I could go straight to work, because everywheres open til like 5pm I would have loved that in my 20s.
    same sort of night out for me as well,except if we didnt cop off we would finish up walking home down Scottie road,could never find a taxi in town,
    looking back am glad our locals had stricter pub hours than today,we would of stayed till they kicked us out,would of been burnt out by the time i was 21

edit, Hurricane are you after info on what a typical night out was in say the early 70s or funny stories from nights out.

Hello all,

Extremely sorry for the late reply. We are currently looking for happy memories of nights out in Liverpool, at places such as The Grafton, Eric's, The Cavern and other cubs throughout the years. We are looking for pictures people may have too, of clubs or of tickets they used at the time.

It is part of a larger project called 'People's Stories: Liverpool Lives'. We are currently working through it and have groups up on Facebook. In September we will have a full website up that will run for a few years, allowing people to share their memories of Liverpool.

Our current theme is happiness and for that we chose to focus on Liverpool nightclubs from 1945 onwards. If any of you would be at all interested then feel free to get in touch, either via e-mail or phone. Or you can just PM us on here.

Matt