Thread: Tommy Rock R.I.P.

Default Tommy Rock R.I.P.

I don't know how many of you drink in town where there is Karaoke, e.g. The Blob, Little Coopers, etc. But those of you who do might remember a little guy called Tommy Rock. Tommy used to do the rounds and visit all the pubs that had live music. He was always welcomed by the artistes, especially John Dolan and Mick Masters, and be invited to sing a few of Elvis' songs. Tommy suffered from a slight disability and had moderate learning difficulties, but he could stay in tune, had good timing and could belt out Teddy Bear with gusto.

I was in the Pen & Wig last night to see Scallwag and learned of Tommy's passing. 'Scallwag' who always made room for Tommy to do his spot only learned of his death recently and were very sad that they couldn't attend his funeral service. I must say those sentiments are shared by many.

Liverpool is poorer with Tommy gone!

Sounded like a character. R.I.P. Tommy Rock.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

He sounds familiar,was he from around the Seaforth area? I remember a small guy we used to see on the bus into town,and again,on the way home! R.I.P. anyway Tommy.

Blog Entries

I used to present the Karaoke in 'Ned Kellys' and Tommy Rock would come in almost every week and entertain us all with His version of 'Teddy Bear' he was a really nice man who I always intoduced as 'Rock on Tommy', we have lost another great Liverpool character, R.I.P Tommy.

I don't know where he lived Steve.
    As BobEd says, he just appeared, no fuss or fanfare. Most of the time I didn't even see him enter. The usual routine was the band announced his name, give him the mike, he sang his usual three songs and he left for his next gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsocks View Post
    I don't know where he lived Steve.
    As BobEd says, he just appeared, no fuss or fanfare. Most of the time I didn't even see him enter. The usual routine was the band announced his name, give him the mike, he sang his usual three songs and he left for his next gig.
    It is the guy we used to see on the bus,as we'd been told of his "other side" when behind the microphone! You would never dream it,to look at him,just a quiet,unassuming sort of feller,or so we thought!!