Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Clocks

Gerard

Give that Man a Chocolate Frog !!!

theninesisters

[QUOTE=scouserdave;41223]I was still in a sulk about you nicking my pics for your site, but I'm alright now QUOTE]

But I haven't nicked any pictures from you or anyone for any of my websites. That's a bit of a strong allegation to make.

I initially wanted pictures of one of the churches on Princes Road and asked the chap from Toxteth.net if I could use a selection for my website. He agreed and told me to contact you, which I did. You agreed to this and I set to work. Down the line, you asked me if I could include a link to your website - this I did at the weekend, as well as this forum and Snappel's excellent site. However this didn't please you at all and even though I told you that I was in the middle of a credits page, you demanded that all photo's that were yours should be removed - which I did straight away.

Apologies for this Kev, it is a matter for PM's but I thought I would set the record straight about 'nicking pictures' for my own publications.

scouserdave

I have no recollection of you ever contacting me for permission to use my images. Or ever contacting me for any reason at all.

Sorry Kev. That's my last comment on the matter.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Give that Man a Chocolate Frog !!!
    LOL! Cheers Gerard!

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    I have no recollection of you ever contacting me for permission to use my images. Or ever contacting me for any reason at all.

Sorry Kev. That's my last comment on the matter.
    Blimy, someone else must have an alias for your Liverpool Pictorial Website then. The guy in question must be stopped as he's posing as you.
    The last time I had contact with you before I joined this forum was asking permission to use one of the images from Liverpool Pictorial (A shot of St Nicks if I'm not mistaken) and asked your permission - you then decided that my www.liverpoolbells.moonfruit.com page was a 'business' page and that I should be charged £153 for the copyright of this picture - I still have the original E-mail which I can provide to say that we have had contact before as well as E-mail's between us both about the Princes Road church. I keep all copyright e-mail's incase of any problems like this arise.

I have no problem with you spitting your dummy out and suddenly changing your mind about the pictures (as per a previous posting you were more than happy for me to use them) but don't go giving out allergations of 'picture theft' when this clearly isn't the case.

Hoping we can now get back on topic...
    Last edited by theninesisters; 02-19-2007 at 05:46 PM.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Jona76 View Post
    Blimy, someone else must have an alias for your Liverpool Pictorial Website then. The guy in question must be stopped as he's posing as you.
    The last time I had contact with you before I joined this forum was asking permission to use one of the images from Liverpool Pictorial (A shot of St Nicks if I'm not mistaken) and asked your permission - you then decided that my www.liverpoolbells.moonfruit.com page was a 'business' page and that I should be charged £153 for the copyright of this picture - I still have the original E-mail which I can provide to say that we have had contact before as well as E-mail's between us both about the Princes Road church. I keep all copyright e-mail's incase of any problems like this arise.

I have no problem with you spitting your dummy out and suddenly changing your mind about the pictures (as per a previous posting you were more than happy for me to use them) but don't go giving out allergations of 'picture theft' when this clearly isn't the case.

Hoping we can now get back on topic...
    Oh it's you is it? How long ago was that? You're the guy who said it was for a non profit website, but when I checked you were offering website design services on your page which has since been taken off. I never realised you where that person.

Shall we move on?

scouserdave

A few more folks, then I'm off to make the tea

theninesisters

Sitting around the face of the Liver Buildings Clock face.

Source - Liverpool City Council/Records Office.
    Last edited by theninesisters; 03-23-2007 at 07:59 PM.

theninesisters

Christ Church - Bootle

That's an awesome picture...

theninesisters

Interior of All Saints Church, Childwall - I will get a photo of the workings when I'm next there!

theninesisters

St Cyprian's church - Edge Lane

theninesisters

Even the Town Hall has a clock - and a bell, though not seen it yet!

theninesisters

Source - http://www.stpeters-woolton.org.uk/

The clock chamber inside the tower at St Peter's Woolton.

Just out of view on the right hand side is the weight shaft which run to the base of the tower! The clock is manually wound twice a week and you have to haul a total of three seperate weights up to the level of the clock itself. I'll find out the exact weight of em but I've done this many a friday night to build up a thirst before the pub

MissInformed

Quote Originally Posted by Jona76 View Post
    Sitting around the face of the Liver Buildings Clock face.

Source - Liverpool City Council/Records Office.
    I love that pic of all of them sitting around the clock...a great idea!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast