YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fancy a trip to Liverpool via the canal?

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fancy a trip to Liverpool via the canal?

Someone sent me this and I find it very interesting.

See if it works on here.

If you fancy a virtual trip along the Leeds to Liverpool canal, ( with lots of pictures), including the new link into the Albert Dock, try the site below - Pennine Waterways,
    which gives a totally different view of the route into Liverpool.

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/

ADVERTISING

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronijayne View Post
    Someone sent me this and I find it very interesting.

See if it works on here.

If you fancy a virtual trip along the Leeds to Liverpool canal, ( with lots of pictures), including the new link into the Albert Dock, try the site below - Pennine Waterways,
    which gives a totally different view of the route into Liverpool.

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/
    Thanks Ronnie, it is an interesting site. Some lovely wallpapers and I have set Bingley Locks as my background on the computer! Really nice! I have also set the page on my favourites.

Thanks

I got it from a friend I went to school with in Liverpool. He (and his wife) lives on a long boat and just travels Britain never making plans, going whichever way he wants. He sends me amazing pics.

I am really glad you like the site.

Thanks

Smashing site, lots of nice pics, and interesting things to read. Ta.

Partsky

Yes, thanks for wonderful site. My Son, along with 25 other Scouts and Explorers, canoed from The Saracens Head Pub in Halsall to St Andrews Church in Maghull on the 26th of June. The weather was glorious, there were barges on the canal and lots of walkers. Our canals are often hidden gems and its all free!! The only thing that bugs me is the (minority) of cyclists driving too quickly along the paths and fishermen who sprawl all their gear along the paths obstructing it for everyone else some of whom had a major cob on that the kids were on the canal at all. Sometimes people forget that its a resource for everyone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Partsky View Post
    Yes, thanks for wonderful site. My Son, along with 25 other Scouts and Explorers, canoed from The Saracens Head Pub in Halsall to St Andrews Church in Maghull on the 26th of June. The weather was glorious, there were barges on the canal and lots of walkers. Our canals are often hidden gems and its all free!! The only thing that bugs me is the (minority) of cyclists driving too quickly along the paths and fishermen who sprawl all their gear along the paths obstructing it for everyone else some of whom had a major cob on that the kids were on the canal at all. Sometimes people forget that its a resource for everyone
    You are right, what hidden treasures they are. Matt sends me photos of dawn breaking in the most picturesque places imaginable. He just sent one on which he is feeding a swan and her wings opened a little and there was a tiny signet peeping out. There are some really old pubs that the long boats stop at, truly like places in old movies and tiny villages look as if they are from another era.

I hope your son does it again sometime and hopefully people will be kinder! You would think they would love to see decent kids having a good rime. I don't get it.

So glad you enjoyed the site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast