Thread: Sloyne

Sorry folks, I have just sent my camera back to Sony. My camera is a Minoltal Dimage A1, which became a Konica-Minolta and has since become a Sony. Confused? me too. When I get it back I will take some pics of Clearwater, FL. my winter home and Brampton, ON. when I go back north at the end of April to early May.

Help find Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Sloyne View Post
    Sorry folks, I have just sent my camera back to Sony. My camera is a Minoltal Dimage A1, which became a Konica-Minolta and has since become a Sony. Confused? me too. When I get it back I will take some pics of Clearwater, FL. my winter home and Brampton, ON. when I go back north at the end of April to early May.
    Hi Sloyne

I'll look forward to seeing those pics, mate.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Default Draculas mouthful

These three beauty's consist of two Scousers (nieces) and a Canadian (granddaughter), taken on Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada last summer.
    Help find Madeleine

Great to see. Thanks, Sloyne! You probably know that Clifton Hill was the site of an important battle of the War of 1812, the Battle of Lundy's Lane, though the battlefield has been pretty much obscured by the honky tonk development there.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    You probably know that Clifton Hill was the site of an important battle of the War of 1812, the Battle of Lundy's Lane, though the battlefield has been pretty much obscured by the honky tonk development there.
    Yes Chris, however, further up Lundy's Lane can be found the actual site of where the Kingsmen (Kings Liverpool Regiment) bivouac'd. There is also a credible museum at the site but I must admit, the Americans do these historic war things, but only if they won, better than us.

You're right about the "honky tonk" nature of Clifton Hill but, it is getting less Blackpooly and taking on more of a theme park look. Also, the Niagara Parks and Gardens are a sight to behold and, along with the falls themselves, worthy of a visit.
    Help find Madeleine

Gerard

These three beauty's consist of two Scousers (nieces) and a Canadian (granddaughter), taken on Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada last summer.
    They are 3 Beauty's Sloyne..Yer not wrong there Lad....Wooooooowwser !!

Yes Chris, however, further up Lundy's Lane can be found the actual site of where the Kingsmen (Kings Liverpool Regiment) bivouac'd. There is also a credible museum at the site but I must admit, the Americans do these historic war things, but only if they won, better than us.

You're right about the "honky tonk" nature of Clifton Hill but, it is getting less Blackpooly and taking on more of a theme park look. Also, the Niagara Parks and Gardens are a sight to behold and, along with the falls themselves, worthy of a visit.
    The Battle of Bladensburg, which the Americans lost and led to the burning of the public buildings of D.C., is an example of a battle that is under-commemorated perhaps understandably. The battlefield is now largely built over although there is a display by the Anacostia River where the British passed over the bridge to attack the American lines of mostly militia. It is of course though History and I and others are trying to get better interpretation of the battlefield as part of a Star-Spangled Banner Trail to commemorate the events of 1814.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    They are 3 Beauty's Sloyne..Yer not wrong there Lad....Wooooooowwser !!
    I know "Sloyne" personally, but he never disclosed this photo to me.
    Three "Liverpool genes " lassies if ever. Bit of Irish in there too.

Best wishes "Sloyne" . Take care. B & E.

Hi Patrick,
    Got back from wintering in Homosassa Springs Florida on the 31 March.
    We have been wondering how you and Maureen are keeping these days. Trust everyuthing is OK.

We are thinking of going on a Danube cruise, but have the wedding of our grandson to deal with first. He is marrying a really nice intelligent young lady who we are very fond of, at the end of August.

From photos of Liverpool these days, it is a far cry from the city we knew during WW2, but at least all the wonderful old architecture is still on view.

Brian Seddon (Wooltonian)