Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cranborne Road Murder

Well, if Skelly's on the case, we probably will find out what really happened, and discover that these two men, like Kelly and Connolly, were innocent.
    After all, unlike Shortall in his book (who said Connolly was involved in the Cameo murder) , Skelly turned out to be right.

I wonder if there is a family waiting in the wings and rubbing their hands together in anticipation in this case too.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Scouser View Post
    I wonder if there is a family waiting in the wings and rubbing their hands together in anticipation in this case too.
    why dont you all just ask skelly, if there is any family he seems to know, who gets what and you all seem to take his word ,

Thumbs up

hi jane 2

perhaps you have also read the sites as i have, and think it all seem to be how right skelly is on everything, do our friends on these sites know that in order to write these books the author has to reasearch

hi jess am i right in thinking that authors of the books would also have spoken to family members. it seems that reading between the lines there must of been some kind of falling out with the kelly family and skelly, it would be interesting if any one knows if this is the case .

Quote Originally Posted by jane2 View Post
    : why dont you all just ask skelly, if there is any family he seems to know, who gets what and you all seem to take his word ,
    Whoah! folks.
    All I said was Skelly will probably find out the truth about Devlin & Burns innocence, like he discovered Kelly and Connolly's innocence in the Cameo case. And that, Shortall obviously didn't find out their innocence because in HIS book HE still maintained that Connolly was involved in the Cameo case. And that not only Skelly proved him wrong but also the Court of Appeal in 2003, when they clearedd K&C. As far as research is concerned, I believe Skelly spent years researching the Cameo case which included interviews with Kelly's relatives. Or at least that what was in the Echo a few weeks ago.

Interesting how Jane 2 and Jess are both new to the forum, both dont use capital letters for their usernames or in their post, and dont use questions marks after asking questions. Amazing!

Hi yes i am new to this site, but did not know i had to ask anyone for permission to quote or reply to anyone on it ? also did not know it was a education site? I HAVE READ ALL OF YOUR QUOTES ON kELLY CONNOLLY SITE,and you all seem to know everythink about there familys. I think you have all read the book :CAMEO CONSPIRACY: and quote your findings on this.Also it was not Skelly who cleared Kelly and Connolly it was the courts. Ialso would like to point out the quote the famous scouser made no 47, Dont tell me that Skelly done all that research for years published a book and now is doing a script for a film and not going to get anythink out of it.I wonder if he is waiting in the wings rubbing his hands together. AFTER ALL HE IS HE DETECTIVE AND EXPERT IN ALL THIS ISNT HE???.

No hes not going to get anythin(k) out of it at all. Yes he does know everythin(k) about the Cameo as he has lived and breathed it for 60 years as his brother was involved and was with George Kelly at the time he was supposed to be murdering people. The "Cameo conspiracy" told the truth and in his research, George Skelly and Lou Santangeli found the statement that ultimately cleared your relative. George Skelly IS the world renowned expert on the Cameo case in the absence of George Kelly and Charlie Connolly.
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 05-04-2009 at 07:09 PM.

There,s another mistake you have made, as i am not a family member of either of these men or have any conection with any of there family,s. just having my say like your self and others as you all seem to know so much about it.Or ave i hit a sore point and are you the detective and the expert in this case.?????

Nope, not me but I do have a huge interest in the case and particularly Balmer. So thats 1 mistake each.

I take an interest in the Cameo Murders.............and to a certain extent the Cranbourne Road murder.

The Cameo Murder needs to be discussed on that thread not this one. However, I too must defend George Skelly, because without his research and consequently the book, the Court of Appeal would never have quashed the convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jane2 View Post
    Hi yes i am new to this site, but did not know i had to ask anyone for permission to quote or reply to anyone on it ? also did not know it was a education site? I HAVE READ ALL OF YOUR QUOTES ON kELLY CONNOLLY SITE,and you all seem to know everythink about there familys. I think you have all read the book :CAMEO CONSPIRACY: and quote your findings on this.Also it was not Skelly who cleared Kelly and Connolly it was the courts. Ialso would like to point out the quote the famous scouser made no 47, Dont tell me that Skelly done all that research for years published a book and now is doing a script for a film and not going to get anythink out of it.I wonder if he is waiting in the wings rubbing his hands together. AFTER ALL HE IS HE DETECTIVE AND EXPERT IN ALL THIS ISNT HE???.
    Jane, I think you are being very unfair to Skelly. He is obviously a writer who is intensely concerned about miscarriages of justice. And his book, as Burkilly rightly says, WAS instrumental in clearing the names of Kelly and Connolly. His friend Santangeli did it through the courts by submitting the vital statement of the perjurer Robert Graham which won the appeals. But if you read The Cameo Conspiracy properly, (p.96)you will see that it was Skelly who first discovered that statement and made public Graham's lies - the lies which sent an innocent man to the gallows. I think we should all thank him, including the Kelly family and their friends. And if he made any money from his book, why shouldnt he? As the adage goes, "The labourer is worth his hire". Why are people like you so ungracious and so ungrateful?i

Harryboy If you look on this site and see that other members quote the case of KELLY and CONNOLLY. and if you looked at what yourself and others have quoted about the familys, as like myself dont know them , but to say the things you all do say. I think you should all be a shamed . i see that there is a close family member on this site and it mustbe very hurtfull to see they way you all call them . the family,s had the stigma of this for years and now have a lot of people calling them i think that is what is unfair. I WONDER WHEN SKELLYS NEW BOOK COMES AROUNDYOU WILL KNOW THAT FAMILY SO WELL TO CALL??????????????

Jane, I ask you again, why are people like you so ungracious and ungrateful?
    If you are really concerned about injustice you should applaud people like George Skelly, who, rather than sitting on their backsides or gossiping in pubs, actually decide to do get up and do something about it How can you criticise a man like that, who is apparently currently trying to clear Devlin & Burns , who he feels were also wrongly convicted and hanged for murder 2 year after George Kelly?
    As far as my comments go: I wasn't having a go at anyone's familiy. I was simply quoting what actually happened in the Court of Appeal, according to the official records. i.e. Kelly's daughter asking the Court - via her barrister - for her travelling expenses immediately after her father being cleared of a 50 year-old murder. I think most people would find that most unseemly to say the least. And I make no apologies for repeating my view that if it had been my father, for whom I had been (allegedly) campaigning for 50 years, I would gladly have WALKED all the way home to Liverpool!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast