Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cranborne Road Murder

I wouldn't worry too much about the Kelly family HB, you wont get anywhere with them. Its well documented how they treated George Skelly and Lou Santangeli. They have also mentioned the "C" word (compensation) themselves in the media and they tried to rubbish my claim about the state of George Kellys grave even denied the location of where the poor man lies. How bad is that?

Suffice to say, when George Skelly and Lou Santangeli reach heaven, I reckon George Kelly will be there looking over St Peters shoulder as he opens the pearly gates. And when he makes eye contact with each one of them, he will probably say "Thanks mate". That would do for me.

Been reading up on the Devlin & Burns case, and it says they drank in two pubs, both supposedly by the Grafton in West Derby Road. One was known as - "The Catholic House", and the other as "the Irish House". But I seem to remember the "Irish House" was in Pembroke Place on the corner of Brownlow Street, near the Royal Infirmary.
    And I think the pub nicknamed "The Catholic House" was around the Vauxhall Road - Bevington Bush area. But I could be wrong. Can anybody put me straight or are you all too young to remember?
    I wonder if anyone could put this query on one of the other threads, as I still don't know my way around these threads properly yet.

So many pub nicknames. There was a Holy House which was the Newsham on the corner of Scotland Road and Newsham Street near to St. Anthonys but without consulting Freddy O'Connors pub books and hoping he points out nicknames now and again, i'm not sure.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I'm bumping this thread because George Skelly's book on this probable miscarriage of justice case was released last week. I've not ordered it yet because it's £25.00 which is a bit steep. I'm hoping someone takes the hint and gets me this book for Christmas.

Has anyone read the book yet? (Ged has probably read the first chapter, whilst browsing in Waterstones )

I haven't yet burkhilly, haven't seen it to be honest, probably behind the counter with a pricetag like that though

Ged ; A little description of the contents:With a Foreword by Lord Goldsmith. Alfie and Teddy had been mates since childhood. There was no material or forensic evidence against them. No bloodstains, no finger prints, no eyewitneses, no murder weapon. Nothing was stolen from the home of Mrs Rimmer. They even had an alibi. But the police said they were guilty of murder. And everyone knows that "the police don't tell lies - do they?" Like The Cameo Conspiracy, the murder took place in Liverpool - but Alfie and Teddy were in Manchester on the night it happened. The stakes were high. In 1952 you could be hanged. But if experienced police officers in Liverpool said you were guilty who were the jury to argue? Murderers or Martyrs is the true story of slum dwellers Edward Devlin and Alfred Burns who were executed side-by-side. Were they guilty of murder - or were they hanged for the bread they stole as kids? In his inimitable style, George Skelly unearths the real truth about another alarming case.

Spooky thing is my maiden name was Rimmer but no relation to this Rimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I haven't yet burkhilly, haven't seen it to be honest, probably behind the counter with a pricetag like that though

Another Balmer case isn't it?

I thought the Cameo Conspiracy by Skelly was a 'more as he saw it'? Although I don't believe Kelly and Connolly were guilty there are some bits of the book that I think Skelly 'dramatised' and as he saw it.

Saying that, I think the Prosecution said that Kelly took a gun out in a public house, waved it about and said what he was going to do with it. This borders on the ludicrous. As if a potential killer/armed robber would indulge in such idiotic behaviour.

Two of my best mates names were Rimmer. No relation though as far as I am aware.
    It is Accomplished

Mark. What did you think of the TS take on the WHW case- anything there to change your mind at all?

I haven't received it yet Ged!
    It is Accomplished

http://detectiveandrews.tripod.com/cranborne.html

The picture of Andrews states it is in Cranbourne road, definitely not, there are no semi detached there. Looks like the next road, Salisbury Rd.
    When the smoke has cleared and the bullets cease.another soldier rests in peace. The politicians who caused the fight, rest at home no danger in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    The picture of Andrews states it is in Cranbourne road, definitely not, there are no semi detached there. Looks like the next road, Salisbury Rd.
    Detective Andrews was of course making door-to-door enquiries which would necessitate him visiting nearby streets. I bet there was a clue in that wheelie bin behind him.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Does Mr Andrews look a bit like Charles Bronson?! ....not the actor!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie1 View Post
    Does Mr Andrews look a bit like Charles Bronson?! ....not the actor!
    Ha ha - he does. He also looks like Peter Gabriel's bass player Tony Levin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	950_Tony_Levin_1982.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	23557
    It is Accomplished

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast