Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cranborne Road Murder

Thanks for the link, very interesting. If I didn't know better, i'd say the wiki page was written by the old chap himself - he certainly didn't look anything like his bouncer pic

So there was I, talking to such a famous crime solver - not - ha ha.

I like the way they mention Parry was a main suspect then almost as an aside then mention WHW was also blamed.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Thanks for the link, very interesting. If I didn't know better, i'd say the wiki page was written by the old chap himself - he certainly didn't look anything like his bouncer pic

So there was I, talking to such a famous crime solver - not - ha ha.

Just as surely as Slem writes his own Wiki page, Andrews surely has touched his own up from time to time. The editing history of both is fascinating and sometimes hilarious.

Just to explain my 'rock-stars and gateposts' accusation further up:

http://www.xprojectmagazine.com/arch...ge/jlface.html

Just the kind of thing you'd expect from a serious criminologist, eh ?

Google his name and Jonbenet Ramsey for some very interesting reading.

AP.
    Last edited by AntiPathos; 04-05-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Ged - does Andrews really have that big moustache, or is it just a false one he uses to make people take notice of his articles.

Looking at Wikipedia last year, I noticed that there was no mention of the Wallace case anywhere in it's pages and decided to create an entry. It sat there unmolested until quite recently when, checking on it I noticed two lines had been added at the bottom by someone unknown. They referred to a theory by a Keith Andrews that the person responsible for the murder of Julia Wallace was none other than her next door neighbour. I had finished my entry by saying that nobody else had been charged with the murder, other that the reprieved Wallace and that therefore the murder remained unsolved.
    I was pretty irritated at this addition of an unproven theory ( which is a long way from new) because it implied that this Andrews character had solved the murder. I found an entry for him in Wikipedia and he has attempted to confirm his theory by quoting it's inclusion in a book by someone called Arabella McIntyre Brown, whoever she is.
    As this is simply a theory and not sustainable by evidence or a signed confession, it has no place in an entry based on known facts and I attempted to remove the offending lines, but the entry has been padlocked by the admin. I wonder why. I have done a couple of other Wikipedia entries on Liverpool murders and await their re-editing by whoever did the Wallace one.
    Last edited by birdseye; 04-25-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Looking at Wikipedia last year, I noticed that there was no mention of the Wallace case anywhere in it's pages and decided to create an entry. It sat there unmolested until quite recently when, checking on it I noticed two lines had been added at the bottom by someone unknown. They referred to a theory by a Keith Andrews that the person responsible for the murder of Julia Wallace was none other than her next door neighbour. I had finished my entry by saying that nobody else had been charged with the murder, other that the reprieved Wallace and that therefore the murder remained unsolved.
    I was pretty irritated at this addition of an unproven theory ( which is a long way from new) because it implied that this Andrews character had solved the murder. I found an entry for him in Wikipedia and he has attempted to confirm his theory by quoting it's inclusion in a book by someone called Arabella McIntyre Brown, whoever she is.
    As this is simply a theory and not sustainable by evidence or a signed confession, it has no place in an entry based on known facts and I attempted to remove the offending lines, but the entry has been padlocked by the admin. I wonder why. I have done a couple of other Wikipedia entries on Liverpool murders and await their re-editing by whoever did the Wallace one.
    The W.H .Wallace page is in a state of "semi-protection", (disables editing from anonymous accounts and those accounts fewer than four days old). So register, wait 96 hours and edit it as much as ye see fit. If you want, you could even consider yourself as it's gatekeeper

Incidentally, now that you've made me go look at Wiki again (I generally don't bother because I'm there all night when I do), I note with some sadness that Oliver Hardy is up for possible deletion and meanwhile, Stan Laurel just got himself banned from editing after barely being registered for two hours. But is one of his edits quite telling though ? He edited out a mention of his moustache-faced buddy on the W.H. Wallace page but was happy to leave the last paragraph as "Despite much theorising as to the identity of the murderer, the case remains unsolved." Hadn't he 'cracked' this one ? Surely world-renowned crime expert Arabella McIntyre-Brown couldn't have made a bad call in her book on Liverpool's first thousand years ? How could it be ? Uh-oh, there goes my sarcasm again. I really should get that looked at...

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Ged - does Andrews really have that big moustache, or is it just a false one he uses to make people take notice of his articles.
    Ste. He did have a moustache but it wan't black anymore. How did he ever drink soup with that, that's the real mystery here.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Ste. He did have a moustache but it wan't black anymore. How did he ever drink soup with that, that's the real mystery here.
    With a straw?

Just found this via GOOGLE- Met Mr. George Skelly last week and had a good ol' natter about the old times. I know him from way back - from the Cavern days. I listened to him talk about this case for a half an hour or so and he's adamant that he knows who the real killer is and that he's going to name him in his upcoming book. Eventually he told me the name - via a whisper! - but I'm not sure I should say anything on here! In fact I'm quite sure that I should not! I actually met this bloke personally on a few occasions and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had ever bludgeoned someone to death. Just such a bloody shame he was never caught for this one before he went on to do what he did subsequently. George said his research was "spine-tinglingly" lucky - I think he'd had a few bevvies by then as that can't be a real word. But I think it might be worth hanging on for a Second/Updated edition as there are some things which he won't be able to say while certain individuals are still alive. I suggested he should just publish the lot and see what happens but he's in promises to people who he interviewed and who have confided major stuff so there you go. Whether this one goes back to the court of appeal for a re-adjudication remains to be seen but if it does it'll be a proud day for the truth. The two hanged are still buried at Walton - in the same grave would you believe - so ultimately a Christian burial good and proper would be about the best 'happy ending' this story could get. Amen to that.

Hello to all on the forum anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldieButGoodie View Post

Hello to all on the forum anyway.
    Hello

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

chippie

Default oooooh errrrh

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Hello
    Hey oldie, you,ve given me goose pimples.

Default Any further contacts?

I would be very interested if you had any further contacts about the Burns & Devlyn case, as Alfred Burns was my mums cousin. I have been looking in to my family history and come across this skeleton. It seems to all be a bit hush hush in the family, and that alone has lit an immediate interest to me.
    Many thanks for the information you have put on here.
    Donna

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by SisterMoon View Post
    I would be very interested if you had any further contacts about the Burns & Devlyn case, as Alfred Burns was my mums cousin. I have been looking in to my family history and come across this skeleton. It seems to all be a bit hush hush in the family, and that alone has lit an immediate interest to me.
    Many thanks for the information you have put on here.
    Donna
    Fascinating !
    I hope you find out what you're looking for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    Fascinating !
    I hope you find out what you're looking for.
    I hope justice is done. Incidentally the Cameo and Cranborne murders were only a matter of yards apart being in adjacent roads.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Donna please cjheck your private messages
    I have something you might be interested in
    Also you may want to contact George Skelly he may be interested in your family history
    All The Best
    Steve

Its quite interesting all this stuff about 7 Cranborne Road. I grew up near there and didn't know all that much about it until reading this thread.

I do find it funny however that the link from the first post http://detectiveandrews.tripod.com/cranborne.html
    has the photo "Keith Andrews in Cranborne Road, Wavertree".
    Someone should tell him he's looking in the wrong place. He's standing in what looks like Salisbury Road.
    Last edited by macateb; 04-05-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast