YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember Throstles Nest?

Thanks

Default Anyone remember Throstles Nest?

NO! Not the pub!, the little road in Walton, where Sainsburys is now. There was a little old pub called The Stanley, with a coal fire and a 'snug'. and next to that was the old picture house, I think it was the Atlas, Long since closed down when I was a kid, we used to cut between the Plough and the Atlas, down Throstles nest and then turn into Beaconsfield Road, it was like steppin back in time, it was a little cobbled street full of two up two downs and old gaslamps as I remember, I used to get the wierdest feelin as I walked into that road, on my way to Wally all park, it was like I had gone into another era!! I was so sad when they pulled it all down, some things should be kept for posterity!

ADVERTISING

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by cillapink View Post
    NO! Not the pub!, the little road in Walton, where Sainsburys is now. There was a little old pub called The Stanley, with a coal fire and a 'snug'. and next to that was the old picture house, I think it was the Atlas, Long since closed down when I was a kid, we used to cut between the Plough and the Atlas, down Throstles nest and then turn into Beaconsfield Road, it was like steppin back in time, it was a little cobbled street full of two up two downs and old gaslamps as I remember, I used to get the wierdest feelin as I walked into that road, on my way to Wally all park, it was like I had gone into another era!! I was so sad when they pulled it all down, some things should be kept for posterity!
    Cant remember that Cilla,used to go t' wally all every Sunday mornin' though for a kickabout when we were about 12.

Thanks

I'm assumin by that comment that I am FAR OLDER than you? *sniff* I'm 41 and I think they knocked it down in the mid to late 80's
    Last edited by cillapink; 02-15-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks

He wishes.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by cillapink View Post
    I bet you weren't expecting anyone to have a photo?
    Throstles Nest ran behind the Atlas cinema.
    This is the site of the Atlas, so this is Throstle's Nest.
    July 1986.

Thanks

OMG Phil! How BRILL! The plough is to the left of that pic, out of shot, so its between there and the Cinema and I think the buildin to the right might be the Stanley, I think they knocked that down well after.
    Thanks for postin that, if you get any more of that area, please post em, I LUV lookin at old pics of where I was brought up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast