We have a few threads here about Wirral, so I thought I'd add this -
I mentioned on the TV thread about 'Wirral born newsreader' Fiona Bruce.
She's mentioned at the bottom of the page in the web-site.
I love Heswall, It's got it all. I take my Caravan there a lot and I'm sure the place has a micro climate as the weather always seems to be nice for us. There is a great static site there too and ive always wanted one but................l
Also Mike McCartney & Rafa, who has just moved. Jim Bowen was also born there - that well know Yorkshireman.
Originally Posted by lindylou
- Ian Astbury, vocalist for rock band The Cult.
- Ian Botham, retired English cricketer.
- Jim Bowen, comedian and former presenter of darts game show Bullseye.
- Paul Bracewell, a football midfielder who played for Stoke City, Sunderland, Everton, Newcastle United, Fulham and England.
- Christian Furr, the youngest artist to have officially painted Queen Elizabeth II.
- Andy McCluskey, Lead singer of eighties pop band 'Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark' and founder of Atomic Kitten
- Scott Minto, retired footballer.
- Philly Morris, cancer survivor and founder of checkemlads.com testicular cancer charity.
- John Peel, the late BBC Radio 1 disc jockey, radio presenter and music journalist.
- Anne Thelwell, won Miss United Kingdom in 1959.
- John Williams, a former Grand Prix rider.
- Dougal Wilson, (born 1971) is a notable director of commercials and music videos.
- Ian Woan, a football winger best known for his playing years at Nottingham Forest.
I like Heswall shoreline and got sunk into the mud once hahah.
Too many closes too though, closes are evil!
Loving the Wirral at the moment, especially the coastline. Moreton, Hoylake, West Kirby right down past Thurstaston to Parkgate and Neston.
Havn't been for a look around for ages. Must go again soon. We used to go for walks around the Wirral way - it's particularly nice on sunny autumn days.
Originally Posted by Ged
I did the Wallasey, Egremont, Liscard, New Brighton bit sat and sun. We always used to go the Ring O'Bells pub in West Kirby when the kids were younger as they have a great outdoor bit there.
By fiftyfive in forum Wider Merseyside
Last Post: 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Tags for this Thread
For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures
Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!