Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

So, if Parry never knew he had to have a cast iron alibi to cover himself for 7.15/7.20pm on Monday, he made a hash of it and..........

If Parry knew he had to have a cast iron alibi to cover himself for 7.15/7.20pm on Monday - he still made a hash of it?

Either way, informed by Wallace or not, his alibi doesn't match up with Lily Lloyd's does it?

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Very good point John. I had overlooked the fact he said he went to an address that 'I cannot for the moment remember' where he picked up Lily when in fact he didn't. Another lie - from an 'innocent' ??? and yet another discrepancy seemingly not checked out by the police. It seems Parry could have said whatever he wanted and he would not have been pulled. Such amateurish covering by himself and even yet worse amateurish detective work. Would it not have been prudent of Hector Munro's team to scour these statements too on behalf of Wallace's defense, in fact, a neglect of duty not to?
    Thanks GED I was about to make the same point!!

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JGannon View Post
    Hi Ian,

Don't forget - Parry said he went to RITA PRICE'S house to pick LILY up an take her home: he presumed that RITA'S piano lesson was at her house. How much was he really that concerned about LILY'S day that he appears to have had no idea that the lessons where at Missouri Road??? Or did he simply think that LILY would back him up?
    Thanks JOHN..welcome back!! As GED has already pointed out he didnt actually say he picked up LILY from RITA PRICE's house..but its obvious he NEVER picked up LILY from anywhere that night otherwise,why would LILY & her mother both swear he called to 7,Missouri Road in his car at ABOUT 7.15pm..when he told the police he was already there!! Sorry to ask,but any news of the book? IAN(FJumble)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

I think JOHN is correct GED ..RGP,clearly didnt think he'd be asked about his movements on MONDAY night & obviously wasnt prepared with a proper alibi for that period.He did presumably assume LILY & her mother would cover for him..which they didnt!! He must have assumed that the QUALTROUGH phone-call could never be traced or that he would be suspected of having made it!! IAN(FJumble)

''Thanks JOHN..welcome back!! As GED has already pointed out he didnt actually say he picked up LILY from RITA PRICE's house.''

Parry did say he picked up Lily Lloyd from the address he couldn't remember, though we know he didn't as she wasn't even there.

If Parry is Qualtrough and he didn't think he'd require an alibi for that night, he obviously didn't fiddle the call so it could be traced then otherwise he'd have made sure he had an alibi for monday night.

What i'm saying in post 1216 is, if WHW did give Parry the nod that he'd require an alibi, why didn't he do it properly then by sorting it with Lily Lloyd instead of leaving it to chance that her's would not tally with his - which is exactly what happened.

Fantastic John. It's much awaited since the last publication and I hope no cherry picking on statements to suit the ends - as seemingly in the last offering.

Quote Originally Posted by JGannon View Post
    Hi all: have some great news! I've just received a contract from a publishers, 'Julia Wallace and the Devil in the Detail' should be out around June. As soon as I have a definite date, I will let you know. I'm sure that the book will contain many answers that you are looking for - and much more.

Warmest regards,

John
    THATS WONDERFUL news JOHN..there'll be more than a few sales from this site for certain..I'm sure most of us can't wait..it seems an age since MURPHY. Do you know at this stage if R.Whittington-Egan or even P.D.James are going to be involved? Regards IAN(FJumble)

Well done John. I can't wait for your book to come out.

GED,PARRY's pathetic "alibi" for,especially the Monday night,(when he was clearly caught short!)set me thinking about GOODMAN asking Ted Holmes on the RADIO CITY prog. about whether or not LILY LLOYD was playing during the orchestra break at the Clubmoor Cinema on the Murder Night..she presumably couldnt have been used on MONDAYS as she of course had Rita Price to teach piano till after 8 pm.
    GOODMAN implied that RGP's alibi rested on him collecting LILY after she finished playing during the break. BUT WHERE in RGP's statements does he claim or even mention this as part of his alibi..have I missed something?? IAN (FJumble)

If the statement that John Gannon has posted up is correct and we've no reason to believe it isn't (but then we had no reason to doubt Murphy's Parry statement - which is only partial - to suit his own ends) then clearly, Parry doesn't mention anything about picking his girlfriend up from the Clubmoor Cinema throwing more mystery on the case and Goodman's line of thinking?

Well spotted Ian.

So where did GOODMAN get this from I wonder GED..it sounds crucial to hear his triumphant "so he didnt have an alibi at all at the important time!" Its also strange that neither LILY nor her mother even mentioned her playing at the cinema..but of course,to be fair,GOODMAN didnt have access to the full witness statements at that time..so I wonder who told GOODMAN that RGP's whole alibi rested on LILY & the cinema playing?? Since 1981,I have always just assumed that RGP told the police that he was collecting his girlfriend(Lily) from the clubmoor cinema at the crucial time..but the statements suggest otherwise....IAN(FJumble)

It could be that Goodman assumed Lily Lloyd played there every night and as it was said that Parry used to pick her up from there afterwards, he's just thought it would be the same this night. In any case, wouldn't this have been after the crucial murder time?

It has never been doubted that the alibi's given by Olivia Brine, her daughter and nephew were correct but of course, if Parry was merely Qualtrough in the call box and only the getaway driver on the murder night, those alibi's may well be correct for the murder night itself.

Thanks GED..she obviously didnt play every night..she only gave her occupation as piano teacher..not pianist(?) & as, I said, she never mentioned the cinema job anywhere!! I wonder if the police did in fact pick holes in RGP's alibi & the cinema pick-up was an afterthought..which LILY agreed to ..then changed her mind,2 years later after he ditched her-beacuse she knew she wasnt playing at the cinema at all? The BRINES alibi rings true doesnt it. I'm not sure it was it much "AFTER THE CRUCIAL MURDER TIME"?? ..we dont know,thanks to McFaul, what time JULIA was killed..to within a few hours!! If PARRY(Qualtrough) was the getaway driver..then 9.00 ish he may have thought,would have been a good time for an alibi?? IAN (FJumble)

I read the James Murphy book a while ago and was really surprised at Julia's age.
    Murphy states:
    when she married Wallace in 1914 she claimed to be 37 yet she was almost 53. When she died in 1931 she was 70.
    Haven't read all of this thread so apologies if it's been mentioned before but I seem to remember Tom Slemen claiming he had solved the case apparently Mr Johnston the next door neighbour was the guilty party. Not sure of the motive.

Hi Lizzie. I'm afraid poor old Tom thought the last of the Johnston's had died as Mrs Johnston's daughter and sister died elderly not long before he made his revelations but to his shock and surprise the grandsons were of course still alive and not only thoroughly repudiated his claims but made him take the misinformation down from his website.

It would appear, according to TS that a male nurse told someone who told him that John Sharpe Johnston made a deathbed confession to the murder. However, Mr Johnston was suffering dementia at the time and his family were with him until his death and he made no such confession. The motive was supposed to be that Mr Johnston was the Anfield Housebreaker that was burgling at the time.

Thanks for the info Ged. This case is a real puzzle isn't it!
    Personally my gut feeling says William Wallace didn't do it...........suppose we will never know!
    Always interested in different views and books on the subject though,

Keep you eye on this thread Lizzie. There's a new book to be published sometime in June by John Gannon, who's had access to the Police paperwork for the case.

Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast